Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villa Signings and General Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yeah, come on, let's stop talking about how screwed we'll be when he leaves, hopefully that won't be for many years to come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Savman wrote: »
    The Robinson rumour seems to be gathering momentum, a few sources saying talks are pending.
    A few sources are saying talks have happened already. Looks very worrying, once Spurs sign a new keeper then it looks like Fat robinson will join us.

I thought we would be after better players than him this summer TBH :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Helix wrote: »
    if barry leaves and we sign 5 players, thatll leave us with 1 player less than we had last season

Never said it was a good thing, but I wouldn't imagine we'll sign more than 5. I'd love if we did I'm just not holding my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Helix wrote: »
    aye, and althought it brought us from 16th to 6th in 2 seasons, i dont think theres any further we can go if he persists with that transfer policy

eventually he has to bite the bullet and actually start looking for first team players from other teams

we're always hearing him say that he absolutely must have the right player, yet pretty much everyone hes signed has been either deadwood the club wanted to get rid of, or someone who had grown stale at his current club

6th is probably the highest we can manage with other teams cast-offs, and the most worrying thing is that when mon leaves and a new man comes in, hes going to have a team of players that pretty much only mon could get the best out of both mentally and on the pitch, which could be disasterous in the long run

No Point in worrying about MON leaving IMO. There is no indication that something of this nature will happen. The truth of the matter is that we finished 6th last year because we have a small panel and the players are used to playing together. I am not a fan of big squads. MON likes to send out the same 11 every week if he can and that is one of the reasons we have come from 16th to 6th
    Ok towards the end of the season Gabby and Young looked a little tired at times but look at Spurs they buy and sell about a dozen players every year and by the time the new squad settle they are well adrift of the top teams.
    Don't forget when we won the league in 81 we used 14 players all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

is o'neill still on the rolling one year contract with Villa?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yeah hes on the rolling contract alright, dont think hes the type to up and leave when a "bigger club" comes calling though. think he will be at Villatill he thinks his job is done and that both him and the club could benefit from a new man in charge at VP. expect a nother couple of seasons of MON atleast.

My mate who is a Celtic fanatic always said that MON was on the rolling contract there as he wanted to be always available if/when the United job came up.

not sure if its still the case. could be interesting though especially with SAF saying he'll only be around a max of 3 more years.

A lot of United fans I know reckon he'll be their next manager too. Although he's also been tipped with the Liverpool and England job in the last 12 months...

He'll need to prove he can handle big named players and big money transfer activity before he'll be considered though. Granted he'll be starting with a far superior squad of players, but I doubt he'll be granted enough time to build things in a similar vein to his model at Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I dont mind if MON has designs on the Man Utd job, however he isnt going to be a serious contender until he can show something more substantial then mickey mouse league championships, establishing Wycombe in the FL & keeping Leicester City in the PL, by taking Villa into the CL he can certainly raise his profile.

Although IMO he wouldnt go to Man Utd or any other club that would not give him the level of control he has at Villa, he likes having total control over all aspects of football & transfer matters at a club and with RL he certainly has the 'creative freedom' he desires in his job, i think that was one of the attractive points for MON originally when Villa approached him.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Gomes seems to be going to Spurs according to Sky Sports News, this could pave the way for robinson's move to Villa, I would prefer to see Boruc or even Carson rather than Robinson at Villa Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Paul Robinson has revealed his desire to resurrect his career at Aston Villa according to sources close to the out-of-favour Tottenham goalkeeper. (Press Association 1001 BST)

LINK

really does look like the Robbo deal is going to happen. Lets hope MON can bring out the quality player that is lurking somewhere within him.

Robinson, Sidwell, Miguel?, Bentley? and A.Ferdinand? this summer

Think Bentley would be keener on Spurs or Man City myself. think Anton Ferdinand is not good either.

not Antons biggest fan myself, I think he is Rio with less ability i.e a Tosser, but do expect another CB to come in as cover/Laursens long term replacement unless a LB is signed and Bouma becomes LB & CB cover. Anton is the only Cb ive seen linked recently though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

I wish we'd just sign a ready made player on the back end of having a good season who can slot straight into the team, not some mis fit who for what ever reason cannot perform for their current club.

If speculation is to be correct and MON does want to sign Robinson and Ferdinand then he's taking a major gamble on both players. MON seems to relish signing mis-understood players, i know he's good at man management but surely we can just buy a quality player who'll just get on with the job without fuss. If money isnt a problem, why chance paying millions for players to join Villa who arent even good enough for their own clubs.

I really want Bentley or possibly even bid for Schweinstager;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Esse85 wrote: »
    I wish we'd just sign a ready made player on the back end of having a good season who can slot straight into the team, not some mis fit who for what ever reason cannot perform for their current club.

If speculation is to be correct and MON does want to sign Robinson and Ferdinand then he's taking a major gamble on both players. MON seems to relish signing mis-understood players, i know he's good at man management but surely we can just buy a quality player who'll just get on with the job without fuss. If money isnt a problem, why chance paying millions for players to join Villa who arent even good enough for their own clubs.

I really want Bentley or possibly even bid for Schweinstager;)

You got a point hear. Harewood, Knight, Routledge.
    Reo-Coker and Maloney(to a lesser extent)
    I think MON likes the challenge of getting the most out of people who got talent but have lost there way a bit
    A Bentley would definitely have us travelling smoothly in the right direction (pardon the pun)

If the reports are true that Celtic want £15m for Boruc and Liverpool aren't going to drop Carson's price below £10m, I think a £5m punt for Robinson is a great little bit of business.

He's only 28, which in the context of goalkeeping is relatively young (Schmeichel was 28 when he signed for Man U). He has international and european experience and was widely regarded as the absolute business not so long ago.

A few knocks to the confidence (the bobble) and a new manager who clearly want's to spend money rather than effort in man-management and he's all of a sudden a complete shambles? Has anyone seen the game winning saves and performances he showed at Leeds or earlier on in his time at Spurs?

I've no doubt his confidence and performances will return with a bit of MON man-management magic (a bit of - M.m.m.m.), new city, new peers, strong defenders like Laursen in front of him. I think this could really be a great deal for both him and Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Neil3030 wrote: »
    If the reports are true that Celtic want £15m for Boruc and Liverpool aren't going to drop Carson's price below £10m, I think a £5m punt for Robinson is a great little bit of business.

He's only 28, which in the context of goalkeeping is relatively young (Schmeichel was 28 when he signed for Man U). He has international and european experience and was widely regarded as the absolute business not so long ago.

A few knocks to the confidence (the bobble) and a new manager who clearly want's to spend money rather than effort in man-management and he's all of a sudden a complete shambles? Has anyone seen the game winning saves and performances he showed at Leeds or earlier on in his time at Spurs?

I've no doubt his confidence and performances will return with a bit of MON man-management magic (a bit of - M.m.m.m.), new city, new peers, strong defenders like Laursen in front of him. I think this could really be a great deal for both him and Villa.

This is bang on. A good goalkeeper doesn't become a bad one overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

No, no he wasn't.

While you're looking back why are you ignoring the evidence of the last two seasons?

54 goals conceded in 38 PL appearances in season 2006/07
    47 goals conceded in 25 PL appearances in season 2007/08
    [for comparison, Radek Cerny conceded 14 in 13 appearances]

He's a great shot stopper, but guilty of poor positioning, does not command his box, is poor dealing with crosses into the box and gets beaten from distance far too often.

In my opinion he will be a poor choice for Villa, and while I admire MON's determination not to pay over the odds for players I think it a mistake to make do on such an important position in a team.

At a guess I've seen Robinson play in the flesh about 65 times in the last three years if that's of any use.
    Ekels wrote: »
    This is bang on. A good goalkeeper doesn't become a bad one overnight.

See above.

While you're looking back why are you ignoring the evidence of the last two seasons?

54 goals conceded in 38 PL appearances in season 2006/07
    47 goals conceded in 25 PL appearances in season 2007/08
    [for comparison, Radek Cerny conceded 14 in 13 appearances]

Because nobody's is denying he's had a rough time the last two years, and as a result his career at Spurs is irreparable. But this doesn't mean he is not, or will not again be a good keeper, especially with MON's superior man management skills. Look at the injuries Spurs had, especially defenders, in 2006/2007. And while we're on the subject of ignored evidence, 14 clean sheets in 2005/2006, with only 38 goals conceded all year is pretty decent, certainly something Villa could have done with this year.
    He's a great shot stopper, but guilty of poor positioning, does not command his box, is poor dealing with crosses into the box and gets beaten from distance far too often.... In my opinion he will be a poor choice for Villa, and while I admire MON's determination not to pay over the odds for players I think it a mistake to make do on such an important position in a team.

So you'd pay 15m on Boruc? Or 10m on Carson? While Villa have the billionaire backer, we are not Chelsea, and our transfer budget is not to the extent that €5-€10m saved on one position won't greatly help strengthen another. If I was given the choice between Boruc for 15m or Sidwell, Robinson + a right back for the same money, I know what I'd prefer MON to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

I think £5 million isn't bad value, but he shouldn't he our first choice, based on his last couple of years. Why would we buy a keeper that is low on confidence when we could buy one who isn't?

Recklessone, do you think that the Spurs defence had much of an effect on Robinson? In all fairness, their defense hasn't been the strongest, particularly before Woodgate came in, and when King was injured.

I think £5 million isn't bad value, but he shouldn't he our first choice, based on his last couple of years. Why would we buy a keeper that is low on confidence when we could buy one who isn't?

Recklessone, do you think that the Spurs defence had much of an effect on Robinson? In all fairness, their defense hasn't been the strongest, particularly before Woodgate came in, and when King was injured.

Well I don't think Robinson is our first choice. Jussi, Carson, Boruc and a couple others were all linked to us before he was. But now, given over-pricing of some and the non-availability of others, he looks the most likely choice, and all I'm saying is that it might not all that bad a move.

Because while we may not have a budget per se, I still can't see MON spending over 20m-25m net, and if that is the case I don't want near half of that spent on a keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Robinson is shocking at dealing with long range shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Well I don't think Robinson is our first choice. Jussi, Carson, Boruc and a couple others were all linked to us before he was. But now, given over-pricing of some and the non-availability of others, he looks the most likely choice, and all I'm saying is that it might not all that bad a move.

Because while we may not have a budget per se, I still can't see MON spending over 20m-25m net, and if that is the case I don't want near half of that spent on a keeper.

My bad. By 'first choice' I mean't he shouldn't be starting. I realise he's not our first choice in terms of targets (hopefully!)

I think Boruc would be a very good signing. Although I haven't seen much of him myself, any Celtic fans I know reckon he's excellent. I know he's priced ridiculously, along with other keepers and players, but I wish O'Neill would bite the bullet and spend big.

Carson is valued at 6m by Liverpool now.

Robinson for 5. or Carson for 6. I know who i'd pick.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Carson is valued at 6m by Liverpool now.

Robinson for 5. or Carson for 6. I know who i'd pick.

Have you a link to that?

The 2 of them are over valued and are quoted at typical English prices. Both had shakey seasons, none of them would inspire any Villa fan with confidence for the coming season. Id happily start with Taylor for the intertoto cup, but certainly hope to have a new first choice keeper in for the opening league fixture. How about a cheeky bid for Shay Given?;)

If he could stay fit I would love Given at Villa, always wanted to see him play with a decent defense infront of him as I think he has all the qualities of a top class keeper. Dont see it happening but would like a bid to be made

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1030027/Galatasarays-Itandje-leaves-Liverpools-Carson-limbo.html

Rafa had hoped to get ten as that was the figure talked about back in decemeber or whenever by Villa and us, but obviously you're no longer interested at that price, so he'll be forced to move on the issue i'd imagine-cant him him keeping Carson at the club if he doesnt wanna be there, he's a "good boy" as rafa has said.

So you'd pay 15m on Boruc? Or 10m on Carson?

I'd pay it for Boruc, yes. Failing that the other side of Glasgow might be worth a raid for Alexander.

That will account for some of the goals conceded, but not for the basic errors in his game. I'm a ST holder for three years now, I make 20+ games a year, and since I've been going regularly I've noticed the weaknesses I mentioned earlier in Robbo's game (along with an infuriating tendency to surrender possession with long kick outs all the time...:mad:)

As PHB said above, he concedes far too many goals from outside the box (I believe we have the highest incidences of that in the PL in recent years)

Confidence will only get him so far, I don't believe coaching will help him iron out the deficiencies in his game.

I think £5m is great value by the way...for us...:D

• Advertisement

Confidence will only get him so far, I don't believe coaching will help him iron out the deficiencies in his game.

I think £5m is great value by the way...for us...:D

I have to agree, he'd be ok for a mid table team like Middlesbrough, but if we want to progress and aim for 5th, 6th then we cant afford to take on another dodgy keeper. We got away with Carson simply because of the number of goals we scored last year, im not so sure we'll end the league's 3rd highest scorers this season.

October 1st 2007: Spurs 4 - 4 Aston Villa.

Thats why we should not sign Robinson.

For the love of god MON can do better then Robinson FAR better, Spurs are in direct competition with Villa yet we're buying their cast offs.

I hope if he does sign for Villa im proved wrong, if he isnt a spectacular failure then that will be a success, but i fear the worst.

Carson at 6 million would be a steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

DSB wrote: »
    Carson at 6 million would be a steal.

Villa have already paid Liverpool £2m for a one year loan of Carson so his total fee would be £8m which is hardly a steal considering Sunderland broke the British transfer record for a goalkeeper by signing Craig Gordon for £9m.

I still think that Celtic's over inflated price tag on Artur Boruc can be seriously shrunk if they got a serious bid of say 6 or 7 million for him. Plus I'm sure he would jump at the chance to play in the Premiership for his former manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

You know its funny at everyone debating about Robinson, he's been bad at Spurs in recent years and I wouldn't like to sign him but when James left us he was awful and well he has been one of the best if not the best in the league over the last 2 years. Keepers confidence is everything, Robinson could be a steal at 5 million or could be an awful signing you just can't tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

See above.

Yeah, I saw above, thanks. You still haven't dispelled my thoughts on Robinson.

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    You know its funny at everyone debating about Robinson, he's been bad at Spurs in recent years and I wouldn't like to sign him but when James left us he was awful and well he has been one of the best if not the best in the league over the last 2 years. Keepers confidence is everything, Robinson could be a steal at 5 million or could be an awful signing you just can't tell.

IMO David James has more qualities to be a top keeper than Robbo, such as : he's tall, athletic and quick off his line, commanding and vocal. I dont believe Robinson has these possessions in his archives.

From what ive seen of the spurs keeper, he tends to punch alot of high balls even when under little pressure instead of catching. From long range efforts he pushes the ball back into dangerous areas, he doesnt organize the defense and is slow off his line.

P.S Spurs fans, correct me if im wrong.

Ekels wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw above, thanks. You still haven't dispelled my thoughts on Robinson.

That he hasn't become bad overnight?

172 shots on targer from opposition players last season...61 goals conceded [Robbo conceded 47 in 25 games]

15 goals conceded from headers last season [ties in with my point re. him not commanding his box]

Top 10 saves/saves to shots ratio for GKs:
    Number of saves made and saves to shots ratio

Hahnemann 152 69.72%
    James 138 79.31%
    Taylor 134 71.28%
    Friedel 123 71.93%
    Green 116 69.88%
    Hart 107 75.89%
    Kirkland 101 67.33%
    Howard 89 74.79%
    Schwarzer 88 65.19%
    Niemi 85 68.55%

Worst 5 for goals conceded per minute:
    Minutes per goal conceded

Roy Carroll 33.2
    Stephen Bywater 39.5
    Shay Given 44.0
    Paul Robinson 47.9
    Antti Niemi 50.8

Worst 5 for goals conceded:
    Goals conceded per game

Roy Carroll 2.71
    Stephen Bywater 2.28
    Shay Given 1.95
    Paul Robinson 1.88
    Antti Niemi 1.77

The last two stats are appalling...

I believe the count for goals conceded from outside the box for the season before last was 14.

But work away, pay £5m and we're not far off covering the cost of Gomes...:D

You're not.

IMO David James has more qualities to be a top keeper than Robbo, such as : he's tall, athletic and quick off his line, commanding and vocal. I dont believe Robinson has these possessions in his archives.

From what ive seen of the spurs keeper, he tends to punch alot of high balls even when under little pressure instead of catching. From long range efforts he pushes the ball back into dangerous areas, he doesnt organize the defense and is slow off his line.

James couldn't punch a cross never mind catch one when he left Pool and Villa

Barry has been deeply disappointed by the behaviour of O’Neill during the long-running transfer saga, as he explained: “Villa kept saying they wanted me to stay but I have not heard from the manager for weeks.

“The last time we spoke was just after England’s match in Trinidad at the start of June. And that’s it. It just made me think that he and the club were just saying one thing in public but were not really bothered at all about me in private.

“What other conclusion can you reach?

“It’s seven weeks now since the season finished but while the gaffer’s found time to be a pundit for the BBC at Euro 2008, he hasn’t found the time to speak to me. But Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has shown how much he wants me at Anfield.

“I am obviously flattered that someone as successful as Rafa Benitez thinks so highly of me.

“And that he’s not been afraid to put his valuation of me in black and white for Villa and all the world to see.

“But have Villa offered me anything to try to persuade me my future is at Villa Park not Anfield? Not a thing.”

Barry now hopes it is just a matter of time before Villa do a deal with the Merseysiders.

And he can’t wait to team up with England team-mate Steven Gerrard in the heart of the Kop midfield.

But his overwhelming feeling right now is of disappointment that Villa did nothing to try and keep him.

Barry added: “The only conversation we have had was at a meeting towards the end of last season. Liverpool had already declared their interest so it was important we got together.

“The boss was there and so was the owner, Randy Lerner and they both told me they didn’t want me to go, but that was it.

“There was no offer of a new contract to prove how much the club valued me, no talk about players who were being brought in to boost the squad, not even a mention of a few possible targets.

“The club have contacted my advisor, Alex Black, a few times and told him that Martin O’Neill (right) had something important to tell me. They said that Martin was going to call me.

“But every time I was told to expect the call it never materialised. I found that hurtful and disrespectful.

“All that told me was that I was being messed around by my club and by my manager.

“If you say you are going to call then you should call.

“And if you say you want me to stay then you should prove it.

“Unfortunately, it’s now too late. It’s all pointless. I want to go and that’s it.”

For someone famed for their man management, O'Neill really seems to have dropped the ball here.

Villas position couldnt be weaker now imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Raekwon wrote: »
    Villa have already paid Liverpool £2m for a one year loan of Carson so his total fee would be £8m which is hardly a steal considering Sunderland broke the British transfer record for a goalkeeper by signing Craig Gordon for £9m.

I still think that Celtic's over inflated price tag on Artur Boruc can be seriously shrunk if they got a serious bid of say 6 or 7 million for him. Plus I'm sure he would jump at the chance to play in the Premiership for his former manager.

That's a great call on Boruc. He's better than Carson and Robinson and is more experienced. Plus, Villa are supposed to have a bit of money now so instead of trying to get 'good business' on Robinson and the like, just buy proven quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I'll await MON's and the club's response, thanks.

Savman wrote: »
    I'll await MON's and the club's response, thanks.

its alright, i expect O'Neill and the boys to come out of this whiter than white no matter wat happens in this saga ;)

:rolleyes: Did you really have to cross post what was already in the Barry thread Mr. Alan?, dont read too much into it anyway, Barry may try and drag MONs name through the mud by this leap of faith,but it just reflects badly on him doing issuing a come and get me plea through a tabloid. Pathetic.

I await the clubs response on the manner also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i'm baffled that some Villa fan's think Robinson for £5m is a bargain. he's quite possibly the worst goalkeeper in the premiership. the thing that really stands out for me is not the lost possession or idiotic punches; it's how slow he is to get down to make a save. his reactions are the worst of any other Premiership keeper, i'm quite certain. no amount of coaching is going to 'turn him' into a good player.

as for the comparison with Schmeichel... :eek:

some of you are obviously forgetting that Schmiechel was voted the 10th best keeper in the world in 1991 before his move.

Even if what Barry is saying is true (which I don't fully believe) its still despicable of him to be coming out and saying these things in the media while he is still currently the Villa captain. If he decides these stories need telling then fair enough come out and say it after all is done and dusted, but what he has done is just a kick in the teeth to the Villa fans. Hope he fails miserably at Liverpool.

Even if what Barry is saying is true (which I don't fully believe) its still despicable of him to be coming out and saying these things in the media while he is still currently the Villa captain. If he decides these stories need telling then fair enough come out and say it after all is done and dusted, but what he has done is just a kick in the teeth to the Villa fans. Hope he fails miserably at Liverpool.

Look, the bloke wants to leave Villa to sign for Liverpool. Now, i don't expect Villa fans to be happy about that. Why should they? But it's been dragging on the last few weeks, MON is over in Vienna, Liverpool are being linked with other players......Barry could end up being stuck in no man's land. So of course he's gonna try to push this through.
    Also, it's not like the likes of Southgate or Ehioqu(if that's the spelling) leaving Villa to sign for Middlesboro. The bloke is going to Liverpool!! It's a step up. No offense to Villa, but that's just the way it is

monkey9 wrote: »
    The bloke is going to Liverpool!! It's a step up. No offense to Villa, but that's just the way it is

Ugh, how many Liverpool fans are gonna come in and post this exact comment. Can't wait til Torres gets nicked so we can all laugh about how Barca or Chelsea was a step up.

Ugh, how many Liverpool fans are gonna come in and post this exact comment. Can't wait til Torres gets nicked so we can all laugh about how Barca or Chelsea was a step up.

Oh, by all means. If Fernando Torres spends eleven seasons at Liverpool to then go off to sign for Barca, feel free to pop in and have a laugh. Cos i'll be delighted.
    But put it this way. You won't find a Liverpool fan posting on a thread of how they want Torres to be a failure after all his service.
    Hey, maybe that's one of the many reasons it's a step up to Liverpool??!!!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    For someone famed for their man management, O'Neill really seems to have dropped the ball here.

Villas position couldnt be weaker now imo.

Certainly looks bad, but I'd say its Barry's way of trying to get the price tag dropped and MON won't take this well, it may well backfire for Barry. But it wouldn't be the first time a player has come out and said a Paper has misquoted him.

But hey I'd still have MON over that Spanish guy any day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement