Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying new build house

Options
  • 14-08-2006 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

buying a new build which is not yet finished.What can i specify has to be finshed off, what should i look out for , does homebond come automatically come with property or should i ask for it and is it a good idea in the first place buying a semi completed house off a private builder? New at this game but dont want to appear an idiot cos i know they will take advantage.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

theresa wrote:
    What can i specify has to be finshed off,
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, do you mean floor finishes? Or the standard to which things should be finished?
    what should i look out for
    Everything, but especially things that will impair your living in the property (specific to you and yours), structural defects, damp, insulation and safety.
    does homebond come automatically come with property or should i ask for it
    Most homebuilders have it. What does your brochure / contract say?
    and is it a good idea in the first place buying a semi completed house off a private builder?
    Tens of thousands of people do it every year. Note that the contract should be that the builder doesn't get all his money until the job is finished.
    New at this game but dont want to appear an idiot cos i know they will take advantage.:eek:
    Better to sound foolish and not be one than the other way around.

Advertisement