Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent a room agreement?

Options
  • 14-08-2006 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Would anyone have a "rent a room" type agreement or know where to download one, so I could use it as a template? I'm renting rooms soon and I would like some form of agreement to agree on time periods, payment frquencies, the sharing of utility bills etc.

Most agreements I found are for the leasing of an entire house.

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything suitable.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Get a rent book from Threashold. Set out your own house rules (noise, visitors, bills to be paid, etc.). You will be 90% there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Have a look at the following:

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/housing/buying_a_house_or_flat/rent_a_room_scheme.html

Note: Your rent-a-room tenants are not "tenants" per se, rather private individuals living in your house under a Licensee Agreement. As such you are not obliged to register with the PRTB as a landlord, provide a rent book to the tenant or ensure that the accommodation provided meets any minimum physical standards.

Also note: your total income from your housemates under this scheme must be less than Euro 7620 (inclusive of bills/food/laundry etc). If you go over this amount- the entire sum, not just the excess, becomes taxable.

You must also declare this income to the Revenue Commissioners (Form 20).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Thanks for that.

It's handy to have some form of agreement set-up where things are set out on paper.

After reading the odd horror story or two on this forum about renting, I want to have everything well organised.

Thanks again.

Advertisement