Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellamy and Crouch dont like each other(?)

• 14-08-2006 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

Just wondering if anyone else picked up on this... or am i just making this sh1t up?

a) Crouches goal - not a single acknowledgement of the pass - which was perfect.

b) post match interview, they didnt even look at each other

c) post match interview:
    Interviewer: "could this be the perfect Big/Little man combo?"
    Bellamy: (none too impressed) "i dunno, ask the gaffer"

I dunno, just seems a little uneasy - as crouch always seems to get along with everyone?

(im a villa fan btw)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I don't think Bellamy likes anyone does he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

When Bellamy scored in the CL qualifier, he ran over and jumped on Crouch at the sidelines.

Was it celebrating or was he assaulting him? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Rafa will probably just play a lone striker with 5 in the middle so both Bellamy and Crouch will be completing for places.

Bellamy is Bellamy, i doubt he likes much of the team, and i doubt they like him.

He's there to do a job, thats it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think people tend to over-analyze these things far too much. Bellamy was playing it cagey because the interviewer was almost goading him into saying something controversial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Magic Pips wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone else picked up on this... or am i just making this sh1t up?

a) Crouches goal - not a single acknowledgement of the pass - which was perfect.

c) post match interview:

I dunno, just seems a little uneasy - as crouch always seems to get along with everyone?

(im a villa fan btw)

Did you see the champions league qualifier ? When Bellamy scored he ran to the sidelines towards Crouch and jumped into his arms. They wont have been playing together long, no reason for them to be best friends just yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Tusky wrote:
    he ran to the sidelines towards Crouch and jumped into his arms.
    Nicely put. They're now trying to avoid rumours of a different nature, it works if people think they don't like each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Unearthly wrote:
    When Bellamy scored in the CL qualifier, he ran over and jumped on Crouch at the sidelines.

Was it celebrating or was he assaulting him? :eek:

does anyone else think that crouch and bellamy may be 'more' than just strike partners?

they way that crouch jumped into his arms during that CL qualifier makes me think that there may be something going on there.........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

c) post match interview:

Lol do you over analyze everything like this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Bellamy is just insincure and feels pressured..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D I think OP is reading way to much into a passing moment.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

HAHA... ok lads... i did say i may be making it up...

and yes i do get in trouble for over analysing sh1t!

But if there is a big fight, i'm gonna drag this thread up! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

legend pic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Bellamy is Bellamy, i doubt he likes much of the team, and i doubt they like him.

He's there to do a job, thats it...

I've never heard reports of players not liking Bellamy anywhere that he has played. I don't see where people get this image of him from.

He's an arrogant little so-and-so on the pitch because I don't think he realises some players aren't as gifted as him but I haven't heard any reports of him not getting on with team mates off it. Certainly not last season at Blackburn anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You seem pretty fond of Bellamy Lemlin considering he only spent a season at Blackburn. :)

Bellamy is a twat and I'm sure there's plenty of players that he didn't get on with. He certainly didn't get on with Shearer and I think Dean Kiely? I'd guess there's loads more that I don't know about.

eirebhoy wrote:
    You seem pretty fond of Bellamy Lemlin considering he only spent a season at Blackburn. :)

Bellamy is a twat and I'm sure there's plenty of players that he didn't get on with. He certainly didn't get on with Shearer and I think Dean Kiely? I'd guess there's loads more that I don't know about.

He's a great player and I don't know why people are on his back so much. Have you any sources/links?

He didn't get on with Shearer after he left Newcastle, there were no reports of him not getting on with Shearer while both were at the club.

What club did he not get on with Kiely at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Give up trying to read body language of someone you don't know from a tv interview

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N153167060815-0818.htm

Lemlin wrote:
    He's a great player and I don't know why people are on his back so much.
    Because he's probably the biggest idiot in football. When he played for Celtic he was slagging off Clyde players about how much he earns. He also said to one of the players that he'll be giving him a call to mow his lawn soon. When Celtic played Hibs Gary Caldwell (now a Celtic player) went up to shake Bellamy's hand and Bellamy just turned away. These are ex-teammates. Unless Bellamy just decides to dislike every single ex-teammate then he obviously doesn't get on with these players when he's in the team with them.

When Boumsong joined Newcastle Bellamy texted him to tell him he has just joined a sh*t club. I can't remember why he phoned Kiely a few times with abuse but it had something to do with Kiely saving a peno on him. He called Souness a liar on live television when Bellamy was the person in the wrong (feigning injury, etc.).

imo he's not the full shilling and is one of the most immature players I've known.

Texts to Shearer:
    “Your legs are gone. You’re too old. You’re too slow.”

“You couldn’t even kiss my a**e.”

Texts to Souness and Sheppard after a bid was accepted from Birmingham:
    “I am Craig Bellamy and I don’t sign for s*** football clubs.”

How you can defend him I'll never know. Even Hartson, his Wales and Celtic teammate, had doubts about him:
    ''I've been here four years and you simply can't go around like he does and say the things he does, I'll be having a word.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Xterminator

eirebhoy wrote:
    Because he's probably the biggest idiot in football. When he played for Celtic he was slagging off Clyde players about how much he earns. He also said to one of the players that he'll be giving him a call to mow his lawn soon.

Which Bellamy denies saying, and said he would never disprespect another pro like that. Have you any proof? Though not. Gulty by reputation eh?
    eirebhoy wrote:
    When Celtic played Hibs Gary Caldwell (now a Celtic player) went up to shake Bellamy's hand and Bellamy just turned away.

I belive thats a warrants crucifiction, not shaking hands. Oh but then just this week liverpool and chelsea would be looking for new managers, if crucifiction was the punishment for not shaking hands!
    eirebhoy wrote:
    These are ex-teammates. Unless Bellamy just decides to dislike every single ex-teammate then he obviously doesn't get on with these players when he's in the team with them.

Not true, look at how his welsh teammates like him. Look at how he got on at blackburn.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    He called Souness a liar on live television when Bellamy was the person in the wrong (feigning injury, etc.).

Bellamy didnt deny faking the injury, but he rejected the allegation that he did so in order not to play on the right wing against Arsenal on Sunday. And to be fair, i think Bellamy knows his own motivations better than Souness

He (Bellamy) claims to have walked off the training pitch to arrange a meeting with Shepherd after reading newspaper reports that he would be sold to fund the acquisition of Yakubu Ayegbeni, the Portsmouth forward. He then called Souness a liar, as Souness said he did it to aviod playing for newcastle.
    eirebhoy wrote:

Texts to Shearer:
    “Your legs are gone. You’re too old. You’re too slow.You couldn’t even kiss my a**e.”

Not nice, but at the time, factually true.

Also Shearer was less than nice about Bellamy in interviews, re the bust up. No one is trying to say he's an angel, but theres 2 sides to each story, and you are choosing to belive the nasty ones, when as usualy the truth is usually somewhere inbetween.

PS There are guys playing football who have taken drugs or who done jail time, like Adams and Pennant etc. There are guys like Contona who assualted a fan at a match. There are players making racist taunts like Bosnich and Di Canio. There are even guys who went on strike etc.

But Bellamy is the greatest idiot in football?

Sheesh.

X

But Bellamy is the greatest idiot in football?
    Yep. Nothing you have said has changed my mind in the least. If he wasn't such a success at Celtic I'd probably hate him even more. :)

btw - When did Bellamy deny saying point 1? I don't think there's any doubt he said what he was accused of saying and Bellamy never denied it afaik.

Also, who do you support? I presume Blackburn. In that case I can understand you sticking up for Bellamy because he didn't do any bad while at Blackburn afaik. I couldn't stand him before he joined Celtic and that's not going to change just because he played for the team I support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I dont really know much about his past.

But looking at him on the pitch playing for Liverpool and working his socks off is
    something that I haven't seen a striker do since Owen was a kid playing for the
    club. He also has a huge personality which he brings onto the pitch and its
    entertaining stuff to see him yapping away to other players and the ref. The
    crowd will love that. He certainly will always want the ball and will look for it.

I think he answered that question well. A lot of strikers have their favorite partner
    but rarely will they come out and blatantly say it on live TV especially when he
    has only got his foot in the door to a club where the strikers get their games on
    a game by game basis. No one player is guaranteed their spot and he might of
    felt saying something like he REALLY enjoyed playing with Crouch would be too
    premature of a comment. Comments like that are suggestions to managers.
    Suggestions can then be supported by the media and when the "gaffer" doesnt
    try the suggestion out and rather manages his way then the press get more
    out of it by saying Bellamy is disappointed or questioning the managers ability.

He answered it well.

The relationship between him and crouch is competitive. Maybe it will evolve
    into something more than that eventually and they will be slapping each others
    asses after goals or maybe not.

Thats my 2 cent.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Because he's probably the biggest idiot in football. When he played for Celtic he was slagging off Clyde players about how much he earns. He also said to one of the players that he'll be giving him a call to mow his lawn soon. When Celtic played Hibs Gary Caldwell (now a Celtic player) went up to shake Bellamy's hand and Bellamy just turned away. These are ex-teammates. Unless Bellamy just decides to dislike every single ex-teammate then he obviously doesn't get on with these players when he's in the team with them.

When Boumsong joined Newcastle Bellamy texted him to tell him he has just joined a sh*t club. I can't remember why he phoned Kiely a few times with abuse but it had something to do with Kiely saving a peno on him. He called Souness a liar on live television when Bellamy was the person in the wrong (feigning injury, etc.).

imo he's not the full shilling and is one of the most immature players I've known.

Texts to Shearer:
    “Your legs are gone. You’re too old. You’re too slow.”

“You couldn’t even kiss my a**e.”

How you can defend him I'll never know. Even Hartson, his Wales and Celtic teammate, had doubts about him:
    ''I've been here four years and you simply can't go around like he does and say the things he does, I'll be having a word.''

I think what Xterminator says is true. You are only looking at one side of the argument. So what if he winded up opposition players? It happens every week in the PL or any other football league. You're being very naieve if you think it doesn't. The papers only bother printing it because Bellamy is a player they see as a hate figure.

As for Shearer, I'm very fond of him as a player but anyone will tell you he's weel capable of being a complete ar$e himself. Bellamy was vilified by the English media because he stood up to their hero figure.

I'd also like to see a few links or sources for some of these stories. The Shearer one is well documented but any reports for the Kiely/Boumsong ones?

As for Souness, Bellamy isn't the first player to fall out with that manager and he won't be the last, if Souness ever gets another job that is. Ask Newcastle fans if they'd like to have Bellamy back and I guarantee you they'd jump at the chance. He wore his heart on his sleeve when it came to that club and suffered for it.

In fact, he has done the same for any club he's been at: gave his all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

hahahahahahahaha!!! :D

thats actually quite funny. id say he had a big grin on his face while he sent that :p

Advertisement