Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online enrollment

Options
  • 14-08-2006 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

anyone enrolled yet, i was able to enter my personal info and all that but now it says that phase 2 is unavailable, and that was what i was looking forward to the most. . . THE MOST I TELL YA? anyone know wht the craic is with it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It'll probably be up closer to the start of term.

(I just found out this year is costing me €6200 - *dies a little inside*)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The average is €6,300. So you're saving about 100 yippos. Fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

it will be online closer to september

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

"You can do this at any time between now and the start of term" damn them, damn them to hell, they lie, they lie i say!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

dropped out half way tru last year and just going to enroll now whenever i can, but i cant remember the web address for it? i hav to pay about 3500 this year so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Its on the UCD homepage and theres "SIS blah" there just look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

cheers, i couldn find it there, but i didn look very hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Whats with the page you get when you're done enrolling- click here to see when you can pick up your student card.

Collection Points to pick up Student Cards

Eh its the week before we're back and arranged by course and where you live?
    Think this is the only time you can get them? Why wasn't it like that last year, weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Eh its the week before we're back and arranged by course and where you live?
    Think this is the only time you can get them? Why wasn't it like that last year, weird...

Well I won't be in the country to pick up mine, so they'll have to give it to me the next week.

They can always give it to you in the Administration building anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Evil sods not letting me pick my modules...

Bet thery're waiting until the freshers are able to register aswell r something silly like that so that stuff isn't full b4 they get a chance r summfink r nuffink

Yeah i assume that no one will actually see that thing to tell them when to go, i'm in work anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Heh, I'd love to see them try to ban students getting a student card because they can't collect it before the college term even starts, beggars belief.

Actually, question: is it essential that I register now or can I register like in a week or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

..and i assume those peeps with repeat results to come cant enroll till they get them....even tho i can enter 2nd year anyway. Had a look around "the maze"* but not a hope of ever finding stuff there :(

*aka ucd.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Here do we start on the sepember 11th or what?
    Any third meds out there info would be mucho appreciated?? Will be be modularised or are we still okay??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Heh, I'd love to see them try to ban students getting a student card because they can't collect it before the college term even starts, beggars belief.
    Didn't collect mine till October last year - when Bus Eireann started getting contrary about out of date student card. Know people who didn't bother with it till December.

cast_iron wrote:
    Didn't collect mine till October last year - when Bus Eireann started getting contrary about out of date student card. Know people who didn't bother with it till December.

Well the student card lasts until the end of September so I suppose there's no real rush but anyway we get the student card there and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

It gonna be fun collecting cards seeing as they're having htem the same day as orientation for rads and physios anyways.

It gonna be fun collecting cards seeing as they're having htem the same day as orientation for rads and physios anyways.

Yeah, must find out what time their talk/tour lark is + pop down to get the card then (sure there aren't too many of them anyways...)

Elective picking day is 29th of August:
    http://www.ucd.ie/news/aug06/081506_enrol.htm

They do say provisionally, if last year is anything to go by the timetables will be a disaster + loadsa ppl will have to change cause electives cause they don't fit into the timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

i have a question. Im going into mode 1 but my online registration is for arts 2 .

• Advertisement

I paid my fees and got everything tied up.Roll on 28th-29th August for module enrollment.

Grimes wrote:
    i have a question. Im going into mode 1 but my online registration is for arts 2 .

I'd assume thats just 2nd year arts as opposed to arts 2, if you get me.
    Cos mine says arts 3 so it stands for the year.

I hope thats what you meant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

When I was registering for Mode 1 in second and third year they didn't recognise Mode 1, just second year. We had to choose the subjects we were taking in secind year when we registered and they didn't accept English twice, so I just put it in once.

I don't know if it's different this year, but check it out just in case, I guess.

Okay question about enrolling (I'm 3rd Arts) - it was meant to be tommorrow but now it doesn't have arts students listed on the keydates for enrolling here - Key dates.

So we're just some other time?

Also i can't make head nor tail of the way art history has phrased what we have to do... Any ideas? Art History Options

I'm in work 9-5 all week so i won't get a chance to call. Bah! Help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Ok, well I have no idea what's going on.

I applied and got accepted for the MA, no problem, but when I go on SIS where ya should be able to enrol all it says is "You are not eligible to enrol at this point. Please contact your Programme Office for further details."

Anyone know what this means, apart from bad?

It was like that for me for a while 2 days ago, but then the "Enrol and Register" button reappeared. They're probably just updating the page or something. Just give it a day or 2 before you get worried. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Okay question about enrolling (I'm 3rd Arts) - it was meant to be tommorrow but now it doesn't have arts students listed on the keydates for enrolling here - Key dates.

So we're just some other time?

Also i can't make head nor tail of the way art history has phrased what we have to do... Any ideas? Art History Options

I'm in work 9-5 all week so i won't get a chance to call. Bah! Help!

The reason why Orts has been taken down is down to pure racism as I stated in another thread (even though it's really probably a big admin fcuk up) but regards your Ort History it looks like you have....

1. WRITINGS ON ART - Compulsory

2. then 4 Options to be chosen from the 5 of...

- IRISH MEDIEVAL ART & ARCHITECTURE
    - THE GRAND TOUR
    - THE EVOLUTION OF IRISH ART
    - ECHOES FROM THE HALL: The Great House in Britain & Ireland
    - ART HISTORY DISSERTATION MODULE

3. then choose 1 from the 4 seminar Options

that's 6 modules in total to be chosen which would be equal to 30/60 credits half of your final year. It's straightforward enough.

Thanks!

*head hurts* all the semester 1 and 2 things are confusing me. ah i'll just hope for the best, i won't have to enroll tommorrow anyway!

I got up early to do some elective picking, but was it up yet? NO

EDIT: changed again, boo erns http://www.ucd.ie/students/keydates.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Advertisement