Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online enrollment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Autopilot

1. WRITINGS ON ART - Compulsory

2. then 4 Options to be chosen from the 5 of...

- IRISH MEDIEVAL ART & ARCHITECTURE
    - THE GRAND TOUR
    - THE EVOLUTION OF IRISH ART
    - ECHOES FROM THE HALL: The Great House in Britain & Ireland
    - ART HISTORY DISSERTATION MODULE

3. then choose 1 from the 4 seminar Options

Oh god im in for a boring year. The grand tour and irish art. The two things from the last two years I have avoided at all costs. Snnoorre!

Also, the history department still havent updated the stinkin module options on the site. Anyone have idea what they are?

Seriously, who do you have to sleep with in the history department to know anything? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

you know when you are picking your modules....will the computer system tell you if there is a timetable crash, or will you just find out when you go back to college.

I'm in 3rd Elec Eng and we weren't supposed to have to choose an elective this year but we do now and because our timetable is so packed already I don't know if much will fit in. Do they tell you the times for lectures and pracs when you enrol or what?

Yes you will be told if there is a time clash online. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

hmmm bcomm 5-630, i think ill take a look. . . oh wait PHASE TWO NOT AVAILABLE arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh kill. . .kill. . . must kill brady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

doesnt even mention about science students dates, no phase 2 yet either :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Got an email saying my enrallment isn't until the 4th of september now. Grrr, am going to end up with sh1t electives again (which is so unfair, I'd little choice last year cause I didn't get in until the 4th round in the CAO, which is the fault of stoopid correctors 4 marking stuff wrong, but I was still happy cause it dropped enough 4 me before the rechecks, I'd be in RCSI otherwise.. *shivers*)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

For once I'm thankful that my course has one elective choice: erasmus or no erasmus.

Im doing engineering, Im in 3rd year and have to choose an elective.

I think I'd like to do biomedical engineering at the end of it so was looking at a neurophysiology elective but then my dad suggested a business elective and the dept have suggested a computer science elective but I don't want to be a computer engineer so I'm trying to steer clear of that.

ugh I hate making decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Going on Erasmus and not choosing electives this year ftw.

im looking at the online enrolment now...how do I choose an elective?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

tywy wrote:
    im looking at the online enrolment now...how do I choose an elective?
    from SIS:
    All Students: Choosing your UCD Horizons elective modules

Please note that you will not be able to choose your Horizons elective modules online at this time. Enrolment to these modules will open in the week of the 4th of September (date to be advised shortly).

thanks! my dept said in their email it would be today...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

dajaffa wrote:
    Got an email saying my enrallment isn't until the 4th of september now. Grrr, am going to end up with sh1t electives again

Electives for everybody are only provisional initially as it would not be fair to courses that don't get to enroll until later (who knows how they divide them then).

Science are still finalising their timetables and room and theatre locations at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dovescar

Sarn wrote:
    Electives for everybody are only provisional initially as it would not be fair to courses that don't get to enroll until later (who knows how they divide them then).

Science are still finalising their timetables and room and theatre locations at the moment.

:confused: Hmmmmmm, u have way too much information!
    Time for my cousins in Sicily to pay you a visit:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Sarn wrote:

So science up on the 4th then or possibly before?

Sarn wrote:

Thanks for the update. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Zedd

Anyone know what happens with the options part of the enrollment for 2nd Mech Eng where you pick one of the options?
    But ive done both of them last year, the computer science as an elective.

So do i just pick one of em again and have a nice easy time doing the same stuff again or will there be a problem with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Still says Phase 2 not available.. what's the story?

Zedd wrote:
    Anyone know what happens with the options part of the enrollment for 2nd Mech Eng where you pick one of the options?
    But ive done both of them last year, the computer science as an elective.

So do i just pick one of em again and have a nice easy time doing the same stuff again or will there be a problem with this?

does it not say computer science II or something? usually it's a continuation of the first year course, well that's what it was for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Fish-head you're arts right? According to this list we're not enrolling til Saturday.

Dates for Enrollment

Horizons electives are to be picked after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Zedd

tywy wrote:
    does it not say computer science II or something? usually it's a continuation of the first year course, well that's what it was for us.

Nope its the same one, same name, same Mod. Code and same lecturer! So dono, i dont mind doing it again. It´ll be easy points but i figured the college might have a problem with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Zedd wrote:
    Nope its the same one, same name, same Mod. Code and same lecturer! So dono, i dont mind doing it again. It´ll be easy points but i figured the college might have a problem with it?
    theoretically i can't see why they would, if you've already done it as an elective maybe you'd be exempt from doing it again. that's just me talking off the top of my head though. probably the best people to ask are your programme office:
    http://www.ucd.ie/engarch/contact.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Fish-head you're arts right? According to this list we're not enrolling til Saturday.

Dates for Enrollment

Horizons electives are to be picked after that.

Right so, deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

No date 4 physio anymore dammit.

+ I'd say they'll stop u doing the same elective twice, sure u don't even get away with doing say beginners french if u have a certain standard in the leaving cert so initially being able to do the same module doesn't mean it'll stay that way. I'd say they'll contact u and make u change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

The date for Arts enrollment (tomorrow), was supposed to be confirmed by today but hasn't been as of yet. I'm already beginning to wonder whether I should bother getting up early in the morning. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dovescar

elmyra wrote:
    The date for Arts enrollment (tomorrow), was supposed to be confirmed by today but hasn't been as of yet. I'm already beginning to wonder whether I should bother getting up early in the morning. :rolleyes:

It's never a good idea to get up early, I've tried it a few times, doesnt really agree with one's system though:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

UCD wrote:
    September 2nd: All other students please watch this site for information on when your programme will open for enrolment.

It looks like Arts enrolment has been delayed again. It's such a stupid message too, I've already been watching the site for the last two weeks waiting for info. I'm working all next week and wanted to go away for a long weekend in September and needed to know my timetable by Monday. This is getting really messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

anyone know when module selecting for 1st yr Commerce opens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

SirCretop wrote:
    anyone know when module selecting for 1st yr Commerce opens?
    just keep an eye on the site and you'll find out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Argh damn them!
    Just pick a date! Why do UCD leave everything to the last minute, its like a university that would be run by me. (A wally)

Advertisement