Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online enrollment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

. (A wally)

Roffle. Haven't heard that term used in years, it's a great word!

Anyway...FFS now there's no date at all!! I didn't fecking sign up for this. In 1st year English we had set courses with a reading list available as far as I remember, the same day I got my LC results. In second year we signed up for courses before we'd even finished our 1st year exams and knew whether we'd got them or not over the summer...going into 3rd year...the one time when I might've liked to do some summer reading, I haven't a bloody clue what courses I'm doing despite the fact that I'll be sitting exams in them in 3 months!! :mad: Thanks UCD, should I actually manage to get a degree despite your constant stream of barriers to my learning, I think I'll take myself far far away for my MA. Jebus, if I'd wanted to study Extreme Arts I would've gone to Limerick.

Elmyra apologises for the vitriol contained within this post, but she's finally lost the rag with old Belfield IT....which it should fecking be called cos the place is in BITs. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Phase 2 Not Available
    Phase 2 Not Available
    Phase 2 Not Available
    Phase 2 Not Available
    Phase 2 Not Available
    Phase 2 Not Available

I think Trinity should take a leaf out of specsavers book .

"Shoulda gone to Trinners"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I got up early especially for this after being on the piss all night and having 3 hours sleep! :mad: and now we're being told to watch ''watch this site for information on when your programme will open for enrolment''.... talk about having fuck all respect for your students. How this college has gone further down the drain in the short 2 years i've been here is frankly nothing but scary and very worrying.

I hope whoever is repsonsible for this catches the biggest rotten motherfucker of an STD :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Argh. I saw the new thing about having to watch the site so had decided not to bother my ass about getting up. Then got a text from a friend asking me what I had picked (who texts people at 10am on a saturday i ask?), so I assumed she'd done hers so it must be available. But no. So i got out of bed for NOTHING!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

beanyb wrote:
    Argh. I saw the new thing about having to watch the site so had decided not to bother my ass about getting up. Then got a text from a friend asking me what I had picked (who texts people at 10am on a saturday i ask?), so I assumed she'd done hers so it must be available. But no. So i got out of bed for NOTHING!

your a 'winner'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

i know, so annoyed...i trekked all the way out to ucd to use the computers (no access at home) only to find that after all that I CANT FECKING PICK MY MODULES!!!!! so annoyed now, think i might go home and go back to my bed. sounds like the best plan to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Fups sake when the hell are we picking our modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Sometime next week apparently. You pick whatever you want, then there's some sort of random selection to see if you get it or not so getting up early to make the effort will make no difference

" To ensure that everybody has an equal chance to get their preferred elective modules, all students will enrol provisionally at first. All preferences will then be pooled together and places allocated to modules on a random allocation basis. Students will then be informed if they have been successful in gaining their preferred option."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Never mind "Phase 2" or picking modules or whatever - I'm still unable to even feckin enrol online. "Please contact Programme Office for details." What does that even mean? What is this 'Programme Office' of which they speak? Do they mean department? Graduate School? God?

"Shoulda gone to Trinners..."
    I like that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

The programme office are kind of the administrators of Arts. You have to go to them if you're dropping out or things like that. It's the office that has suddenly plonked itself in the middle of the seating area outside theatre P. I'd call it the Wall, but I know the disputes that can cause! So that's where you need to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

beanyb wrote:
    The programme office are kind of the administrators of Arts. You have to go to them if you're dropping out or things like that. It's the office that has suddenly plonked itself in the middle of the seating area outside theatre P. I'd call it the Wall, but I know the disputes that can cause! So that's where you need to go.
    Cheers darlin, haven't actually seen this latest eyesore to hit UCD (haven't been in college in a month or so), but I'll go hav a gander on monday and angrily accost these so-called "Programme Officers". I'll be all righteously indignant n stuff. Should be fun!:D

P.S. Yeah, I'd call that the Wall too.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

They put a program office right outside hilpers? ! Thats madness.

OT: This waiting is painful :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Have you all paid your fees yet? I read that the deadline for payment of fees was for today at 5pm but seeing as I only got my repeat results late Friday night they didn't exactly give me much time. :rolleyes:

Is UCD's bureaucratic bollocks ever going to change?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I don't think the deadline is until the 29th of September but you can't get your new studenta card until after you've paid your fees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

When are we able to pick up our student cards? I know there's a link on the site but I had no luck finding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Lamia

It varies depending on your course, think this is the link:

http://www.ucd.ie/regrecords/registrationrecords.htm

No more dates seem to have been added for module enrollment. Fun fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

26 hours per week in semester 1 and starting ever day at 9-and thats only with 5 options chosen... ew ew ew. Maybe with those hours I should take up some form of massage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Thank you Lux.
    Student cards for all other students will be issued in the Astra Hall, Student Centre, from Monday 11th September until Monday 26th September, and in the Tierney Building from 27th to 30th September.

That answers my question!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Hmmmm it does say here that fees must be paid by tonight - Fees. They are mighty confusing and disorganised.
    Nobody will have paid them anyway!

EDIT: Oh it says for CAO students, thats not me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

ooopsies,:o im goin into first year and i havent done ANYTHING as regards enroling,registering(are they the same ting by the way??the info pack was bloody confusing!)OR paid my fees.....oh well ill just become a binman :D

*i hear its fun throwing the stuff into the back of the lorry and hitting it...(seriously,iv heard that:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I suppose you could say they've bollocksed it up.

Understatement of the century.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

I wonder if they'll give a time along with a date for the elective picking. I don't feel like waking up at seven to find it doesn't open untill noon. Anyone know if they're going to?

Well it doesn't matter when you pick your electives, because the places are being allocated randomly aren't they? My advice: have a good night's sleep! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hmmmm it does say here that fees must be paid by tonight - Fees. They are mighty confusing and disorganised.
    Nobody will have paid them anyway!

EDIT: Oh it says for CAO students, thats not me.
    *shrug*
    My bank giro still hasn't arrived, so they can go f*ck themselves until it does. Dates like that are just a guideline in UCD anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Thats it, I'm sick of this motherfucking college! It doesn't take much just to give us a fucking date even if it is later than they believe things will be ready. Last year this type of lark was frustrating but understanding but a year on? Someone needs to sack these clowns now! Well if you're a fresher this pretty much says ''welcome to UCD, the most amateur run university in the world!'' Enjoy your 3/4 years kids, by the end of it you'll be bald after pulling all of your hair out.

and I'll also bet my parents mortgage that we won't have our timetables ready for our first day back. /end of angry moan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Autopilot

Where the crap are the modules?? Bastardos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Later today or first thing tomorrow, apparently..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 buttercup87

Was just on to the Student Desk and apparently, it should be Wed - but "not for definite". This is the biggest joke i've ever came across :mad: Getting v peed off at this stage!

Advertisement