Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online enrollment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

OMG this is a ****in joke.....no bank giro even though I requested one last week,still cant select modules and the information pack that they sent is absolutely ****e-so misleading

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Phase 1 - Get the underpants

Phase 2 - 'Unavailable'

Phase 3 - Profit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I can just imagine Computing Services making excuses like "Oh we have 22,000 students to register and enroll we're doing the best we can"

Its like do they not hire extra people to do whatever they do.Anyway I sure hope that Arts module enrollment opens before Freshers Week.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭slovessmg

griffdaddy wrote:
    Phase 1 - Get the underpants

Phase 2 - 'Unavailable'

Phase 3 - Profit

At last Hugh Brady's plans revealed! Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

/douses self in petrol

The problems are errors being found in some of the modules. Once they're finalised they need to be checked before ye can enroll. Ye hardly want to find out that it's screwed up a few weeks in. Understandably constant revision of the dates is a pain in the a***, especially if you don't have net access at home. But I'm sure all the best effort is being put in to rectify the situation. :D

This is the first time 2nd year (Stage 2) and 3rd year (part of) are being modularised so there are a lot of bugs to be found with the increased number of permutations and combinations. I'm quite sure that after next year it'll all be sorted (of course fat lot of good that does you now).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Sarn wrote:
    The problems are errors being found in some of the modules. Once they're finalised they need to be checked before ye can enroll. Ye hardly want to find out that it's screwed up a few weeks in.

Yeah but you just know that there'll still be loadsa problems even then...

Anyway I did my physio enrolling bit, only 18 hours a week max (some weeks are less) which is less than I expected. Course I'll have to add on the elective hours but still it's good enough on the hours front

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Finally got my fees paid. It took them ten days to post the bloody bank giro after I'd requested it and it finally arrived on Friday. But then of course there was the nice small print at the bottom of the page - must be paid by Sunday 3rd September. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Tbh with the amount of goings on of late I doubt it'll be a problem, plus anyone who comes in in later rounds pays later and it's not biggy - same with people waiting on repeat results they won't have there stuff in time, it won't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Ah I wouldn't pay much attentiopn to UCDs dates. If they don't abide by them why should we.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm also waiting on the giro to be posted out and I note that still 'phase 2 is not yet available'.

Ah well there's still A WEEK left to get it together...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

dajaffa wrote:
    Ah I wouldn't pay much attentiopn to UCDs dates. If they don't abide by them why should we.
    exactly, well in, im not going to take an unscheduled year out just because they have ill informed us of the date, like we got emails about new business electives, but not you must pay now or else! they need to get their act together, or at the very least selotape their act together and at least give the illusion of knowing whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Argh!! We're All ****ed!!! Abandon College!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

It says now "Arts and Science has not opened for enrolment. Please check this site for information from Wednesday 6th September"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I got a second bank giro this morning. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

^Still waiting on my giro but I did receive a letter today asking if I wanted to participate in a buddy programme and that if I did to reply to them - by August 31st.

Seriously what goes on at that place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I also got my second giro today, as well as the Buddy Programme thing yesterday. Disasterous!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

giro? i havent even gotten one yet i dont think :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Online registration is open at www.ucd.ie/student.htm
    AFAIK this was only updated a couple of hours ago.

A list of when enrolment will open for each course is here:
    http://www.ucd.ie/students/programmeenrolmentdates.htm

*breathes sigh of relief*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Still no date given for science =/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Online registration is open at www.ucd.ie/student.htm
    AFAIK this was only updated a couple of hours ago.

A list of when enrolment will open for each course is here:
    http://www.ucd.ie/students/programmeenrolmentdates.htm

*breathes sigh of relief*

*joins in sigh*

Thanks a mil KK very informative...

now lets hope they're not lying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Finally these clowns are doing something right!

''Horizons electives will open for enrolment shortly. Please check regularly for updates.''

but the wait shall continue to choose our electives :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Didn't I just say 7 or 8 posts back that everything would work out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

all sorted except for tutorials/seminars

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

I still can't pick modules, soooooo angry, I'm in the belly of the beast, (arts comp. room), and I still can't enroll AAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHH. :mad: I want my asian history module schnell, SCHNELL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 buttercup87

Was in the middle of deciding what modules to enrole to, to my surprise was actually getting somewhere even though its not meant to be available til this afternoon, and then when i went to choose my second joint major subject - the page said "the page cannot be found"!! maybe they were just checking the site or something and me, being the unlucky person that i am!, had to be one of the people checking to see if it was open at the exact same time!! Any one else had this problem?! Can't get any further than a page telling me i've only 5 credits picked! :mad: :mad: :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

^ Same things happened to me. Every time I click to choose a course it goes 'Not Found...requested URL...blahblahblah...was not found on this server."
    I got that buddy letter too, but mind you I got a letter during the repeats saying that I had to register to do my repeats even though I was already half way through them, so I wasn't all that surprised by the buddy letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ok, anybody in 3rd/4th year Arts been able to choose their modules? I'm in 4th year BA International and having no joy thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ok i'm totally confused, how the flock do i enrol?
    can someone just give me a link to the page where i cna enrole from please. if not, tell me what to click on within sis or ucd connect....

from the front page of my sis: "You are not eligible to enrol at this point. Please contact your Programme Office for further details".....WTF!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

ferdi wrote:
    ok i'm totally confused, how the flock do i enrole?
    can someone just give me a link to the page where i cna enrole from please. if not, tell me what to click on within sis or ucd connect....
    go into sis and click the button at the bottom of the first page that says "enrol and register".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ok i'm repeating so i figure this: http://www.ucd.ie/acshs/repeat_enrol.html applies to me....can anyone confirm this info is relevant to this year? ucd has a habit of leaving ancient information on the web****e.

Advertisement