Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online enrollment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Well it looks like Arts students have the grand selection of Archaeology, Irish Folklore, Philosophy and Early Irish for their degree.... a spectacular choice of 4 subjects!

Available Majors/Minors
    Major/Minor Total Credits Action
    Archaeology 30 Cr Maj. 30 Select Major/Minor
    Irish Folklore 30 Cr Maj. 30 Select Major/Minor
    Archaeology Joint Major 25 Select Major/Minor
    Irish Folklore Joint Major 25 Select Major/Minor
    Philosophy Joint Major 25 Select Major/Minor
    Archaeology Minor 20 Select Major/Minor
    Early Irish Minor 20 Select Major/Minor
    Irish Folklore Minor 20 Select Major/Minor
    Philosophy Minor 20 Select Major/Minor

Splendid......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

ferdi wrote:
    ok i'm repeating so i figure this: http://www.ucd.ie/acshs/repeat_enrol.html applies to me....can anyone confirm this info is relevant to this year? ucd has a habit of leaving ancient information on the web****e.
    oh you're one of those ;)

yeah that should be right, programme offices didn't exist till this year as far as i know so it must be up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 buttercup87

I eventually got enrolled! But.... was totally confused! Was offered a major in Philosophy - even though i've never even taken it as an elective before! WTF! :confused: Have Fridays off though so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Finally these clowns are doing something right!

''Horizons electives will open for enrolment shortly. Please check regularly for updates.''

but the wait shall continue to choose our electives :rolleyes:
    I'm just releived that it's not just me who can't pick electives yet. They should be available soon. They're meant to be assigned on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

just wondering if anyone can shed some light on my situation...........

going into 2nd Arts. Only achieved 55 og 60 grade points (failed an elective).
    Do I have to repeat that elective this year to get those 5 points or can I take up any random elective to get them? I don't want to repeat it because I hate it (computer programing for engineers - I know, what the hell was I thinking).

Rang programme office and they basically said they were not too sure but I should be able to sort it out online. The little spiel on the website for continuing students however says that I need to ring the programme office and enrole for the elective manually :confused:

Anyone else in the same boat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Autopilot

Erm im in 3rd arts and Ive been tryin to get on to sis for ages but it keeps saying the page cant be displayed, is anyone else having this problem or is it just the computer im on?? cause its got a lot of anti pop up no cookies allowed programs on it

Help??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Neville Flynn

hey, more stupid questions !

just wondering is there any other way of payment other than the debit/credit card (as i am unable to pay this way) or bank giro (as i dont have one yet). i do have the money for the fee's just wondering how else if atall can i go about paying them

also i do only have to pay half the fee's + the reg fee at this time ? yes

any help/info would be greatly appreciated

ps sorry if im posting this in the wrong thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

Autopilot wrote:
    Erm im in 3rd arts and Ive been tryin to get on to sis for ages but it keeps saying the page cant be displayed, is anyone else having this problem or is it just the computer im on?? cause its got a lot of anti pop up no cookies allowed programs on it

Help??

well i have been on sis since just before one and in the last twenty mins or so it has slowed down and won't let me access any more pages. so i say could be just overloaded at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Trying to pick my modules here. I'm on 55 out of 60 required credits but it says my core module enrollment is not complete, however when i try and sign up for the last core module i haven't picked in geography it's telling me it's full. What the hell am I supposed to do?

*****Here, could someone registering for 2nd Arts please tell me whether the exact same subjects options I quoted below came up for them or if not, what subject combinations came up for them? I'm unsure whether this is a major fcuk up for everyone or just me.*****
    Available Majors/Minors
    Major/Minor Total Credits Action
    Archaeology 30 Cr Maj. 30 Select Major/Minor
    Archaeology Joint Major 25 Select Major/Minor
    Archaeology Minor 20 Select Major/Minor

ball ox wrote:
    going into 2nd Arts. Only achieved 55 og 60 grade points (failed an elective).
    Do I have to repeat that elective this year to get those 5 points or can I take up any random elective to get them? I don't want to repeat it because I hate it (computer programing for engineers - I know, what the hell was I thinking).

I would imagine they'll let you repeat any stage 1 elective this year on top of what you do in Stage 2 this year. You'll probably have to pay a fee to repeat though. I would imagine to choose the elective you'll have to do it manually in campus.

• Advertisement

*****Here, could someone registering for 2nd Arts please tell me whether the exact same subjects options I quoted below came up for them or if not, what subject combinations came up for them? I'm unsure whether this is a major fcuk up for everyone or just me.*****

Mine were similar enough to the ones you have listed but included music (which I took as a major last year). I assume your majors/minors from last year are included in the list you posted.... if not it must definatly be a fcuk up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

My head hurts.
    My art history courses make sense but there aren't enough Irish courses and it wants me to pick 5 from 4 and theres only 2 irish courses on in Sem 2? :confused:

Ah well. Heres hoping I don't have to do performance art!! *stupid random assigned modules*

ball ox wrote:
    Mine were similar enough to the ones you have listed but included music (which I took as a major last year). I assume your majors/minors from last year are included in the list you posted.... if not it must definatly be a fcuk up

That's what I fear. Out of that list I only took Archaeology as a minor last year so I can only presume the clowns have totally forgot that I was a repeat student last year and have left out my other subjects which I took first time round in 1st year..... why am I not surprised.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Ugh, they appear to have lumped all of my optional modules for Computer Science into the core section :(

That's what I fear. Out of that list I only took Archaeology as a minor last year so I can only presume the clowns have totally forgot that I was a repeat student last year and have left out my other subjects which I took first time round in 1st year..... why am I not surprised.....

I'd say thats it alright, give them a ring and try clear it up. Here are the subjects I was offered. Did music & english as majors last year and some random electives....

English 30 Cr Maj. 30 Select Major/Minor
    Sociology 30 Cr Maj. 30 Select Major/Minor
    English Joint Major 25 Select Major/Minor
    Music Joint Major 25 Select Major/Minor
    Sociology Joint Major 25 Select Major/Minor
    English Minor 20 Select Major/Minor
    Sociology Minor 20 Select Major/Minor

ball ox wrote:
    I'd say thats it alright, give them a ring and try clear it up. Here are the subjects I was offered. Did music & english as majors last year and some random electives....

I tried phoning the morons but as you could have easily guessed no one is available so if no one sorts this out for me soon I'm just gonna have to go in tomorrow and break into their offices and physically force them to sort this joke of an enrolling system out once and for all. :mad:

I tried phoning the morons but as you could have easily guessed no one is available so if no one sorts this out for me soon I'm just gonna have to go in tomorrow and break into their offices and physically force them to sort this joke of an enrolling system out once and for all. :mad:

had the same problem earlier, kept getting told to ring different numbers. Eventually got talkin to some sound bloke on 01 7161555 but as helpfull as he was he more or less admitted that he new about as much as I did.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

just wondering is there any other way of payment other than the debit/credit card (as i am unable to pay this way) or bank giro (as i dont have one yet). i do have the money for the fee's just wondering how else if atall can i go about paying them

I applied for my giro two weeks ago, and it finally arrived today... well, actually, two of them arrived! And they came with sincere apologies for the ****-up, so give it a little while and the Giro should arrive. (I assume you've applied for it on SIS and got the email confirmation.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

You know, when anyone mentions "SIS" but forgets to capitalize it and says "sis" it kind of reads like "sister" in my head.

I like seeing stuff like "I've been on sis all day and still no luck" and "ARGH - can't get into my sis!" and it just makes me XD XD XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Hahahaha, you sick fook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Oh dear, 2 Irish courses i have to take clash with art history courses i have to take. Irish department say call admin. They won't answer.

On the plus side i currently have mondays off in Sem1 and mondays and fridays off in Sem2. Oh please don't let that be an accident!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No enrolment yet for 3rd CS...
    *puts feet up and goes to play WoW for another few days*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Condoriano

Hmm, a little confused here.
    How much credits are needed for 2nd year arts?
    See, what it tells me is this:

"Credits
    Core/Opt Required 50
    Electives Required 10
    Sem1 30
    Sem2 20
    All 50
    Remaining 10"

I choose Computer science as my core subject ith 30 credits and Greek and Roman Civilisaton (minor) for 20 credits. So in all i have 50 credits. Is that all i need or do i have to choose electives.
    If so, i can't because theres no option to do that.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Elective modules aren't up for selection yet, as far as I know, so at the moment if you have 50 credits filled, your subjects are all picked, bar electives.
    I'm wary of picking that Comp Sci yet, as they'd claimed I'd be able to take it as a joint major :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

No enrolment yet for 3rd CS...
    *puts feet up and goes to play WoW for another few days*
    Likewise for MA History.

Or at least that's what I was told by 3 different people of authority when I went in to ask wtf the story was. Unanimous they indeed were, despite the fact that 2 mates of mine in similar courses have enrolled online no problem.

UCD. A place that, likely as not, I won't be enrolled in this year.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Condoriano

Not up yet!? tsk
    It's odd now that i've to pick electives for this year.....could be a mistake though. I'll give it a wait for now. Thanks for the info.

Nah, I don't think it's a mistake. It's been on the cards for a while now, according to this page that you get two electives in second year, although that page does also say that ba comp sci can be taken with another arts course as a joint major which is, at the moment anyway, not possible due to it being counted as 30 credits :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

science stage 1 and 2 now open for enrollment.
    stage3: your go live dates will be up very shor.... //smashes monitor:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You sure? 1st year Theoretical Physics here, and it still says "phase 2 not available"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

tribulus wrote:
    //smashes monitor:mad:
    Oh yeah, preachin' to the choir mate.

Apropos of nothing, modularisation and semesterisation was a fúcking faultless success, eh?:rolleyes:

Advertisement