Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online enrollment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I've just discovered I might actually have to enrol for stuff - seeing as i have one choice - erasmus or not it's odd. Of course I don't even have a date for enrolling - why am I not surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm just after selecting my modules. It was confusing at first but I got the hang of it and started enjoying choosing the courses.

Hope I did it right though.

Raphael wrote:
    You sure? 1st year Theoretical Physics here, and it still says "phase 2 not available"

I got an email saying we'll be ready by tomorrow morning. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Cool, thanks. Guess I can stop reloading the page =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Humph...
    Have 60 credits for my BA - I'm doing the BA/MA Liberal Arts course so 10 of those credits are taking up by pre-requisite lectures.

20 goes to English, 20 to Sociology and 10 to Art History.

Only problem here is that I can't pick the options within my 10 credit Minor! They come up fine - single option in the first semester, 2 in the second - but there's no checkbox next to them or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

mine doesnt open till tomorrow either but seeing as they havent given me all my results yet its a little pointless.
    Get the bloody finger out UCD :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

ball ox wrote:
    had the same problem earlier, kept getting told to ring different numbers. Eventually got talkin to some sound bloke on 01 7161555 but as helpfull as he was he more or less admitted that he new about as much as I did.....

I tried and tried phoning them, emailed them, heard fuck all so I'm just going to go in tomorrow and use some angry words on them if they don't sort things out.

In relation to above, with all the angry people here, if you need me to assault them with a snooker cue, unleash a few hundred snakes on them or kill some of their children I'll do it for ya tomorrow! *

* maybe not then

unleash a few hundred snakes on them
    That won;t work unless we cna get them on a plane...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

The enrollment is lot better then last year because last year, I had to write out my schedule and plan the times of my tutorials in between my lectures to compile my timetable for the year.Jesus that was annoying.:mad:

So this year is much better and the site is more user friendly and the text is clear and concise.Obviously there's still a good few glitches although I really think UCD should have more servers to cope with internet traffic.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I got on sis early this morning but I still had no luck. I was on sis for AGES back and forth back and forth before I finally got tired.

• Advertisement

Still Phase 2 not available. And the site says "late morning" for science. It doesn;t get much later than this =/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Wish they'd hurry up and give us the stuff for 3rd CS... >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

I wonder did they mean after 12 tonight by late morning.

And I got/woke up semi-early(11:45) to get this done :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Serenity

Just a question - I'm first year arts. Did all that picking my electives, picking my timetable crap last night, but just how / where the flock do I find out where to go for these lectures and tutorials?

Some say stuff like Lecture Hall Q or some have no place specified. I knew I was going to be wandering around on Monday like I big n00b anyway, but this is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Enrolment is up now for science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

surely it is getting rediculously late to not have the feckin electives open, in theory, all strikes aside, we are starting on monday, and nobody as far as i know have chosen electives, what do you imagine the actual problem is, heads should roll for this, or maybe im just being over dramatic. it grinds my already rusty gears thats all.20202797a1967995762b110826879l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30 buttercup87

Was actually looking forward to going back to college but this messing around and not knowing what i'll be doing as my electives is making it more painful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

so are there DEFinately no lectures on monday? is anybody going in to college? no? What about Tuesday?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Some say stuff like Lecture Hall Q or some have no place specified.

I had this problem last year as well till i looked more closely and saw that it had abbreviated words there as well that for some reason i never saw. These were the names of the buildings (abbreviated obviously). Dunno what your time table looks like so may not be the same.

I still dont know if i passed my SEP. I really dont care one way or another at this stage, i just want to know so i can get on with my life. Emails and phone calls been ignored so its time for some up close and personal banter tomorrow after the comp sci meeting.

Seifer wrote:
    Enrolment is up now for science.
    \o/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

...tries not to say it..

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

ok, now I am getting very angry :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Yay, managed to enrol successfully! Unfortunately, it's not looking like I've any days off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

so are there DEFinately no lectures on monday? is anybody going in to college? no? What about Tuesday?? :confused:

There're no lectures on Monday? Says who? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

We were told that the union of the professors has told them to teach on monday but not to do anything else so i presume that teaching will go ahead...

At last have managed to enrol but im still not able to pick any electives.Anyone else having the same problem?If yea,does anyone know when we'll be able to pick them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

what-what-what??!

link. plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

fatal wrote:

At last have managed to enrol but im still not able to pick any electives.Anyone else having the same problem?If yea,does anyone know when we'll be able to pick them?

Same here. It says we should be able to pick them this evening. They lied. Bastads...........

These guys couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery

I can pick my electives. Well, kinda. If I try to enrol to one of them, nothing happens. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Condoriano

Im looking through my electives and having difficulty picking what i wanna do, lol.
    But i've noticed that i can select 1st year modules for electives even ones that i've done last year. Is this right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭slovessmg

Condoriano wrote:
    Im looking through my electives and having difficulty picking what i wanna do, lol.
    But i've noticed that i can select 1st year modules for electives even ones that i've done last year. Is this right?

I imagine if you pick one of these you'll get a phone call next week saying you are not elligible to take that module and you'll have to pick another. It was the same last year for people who tried to do French for Beginners, if they had French on their Leaving Cert they were kicked off the module and had to choose a replacement (of which they had missed the first few lectures).

Advertisement