Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online enrollment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Finally I can pick my modules... bout fucking time

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

.....or so you would think.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Condoriano

slovessmg wrote:
    I imagine if you pick one of these you'll get a phone call next week saying you are not elligible to take that module and you'll have to pick another. It was the same last year for people who tried to do French for Beginners, if they had French on their Leaving Cert they were kicked off the module and had to choose a replacement (of which they had missed the first few lectures).

Hmm, does that mean then i've to choose a second year elective on something ive not done in first year??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Picked all my modules yesterday (at the 2nd attempt since the computers crashed first time around). I'm having a problem with one last tutorial though. When I try to pick a time for it there are no options, but because of it my enrollment is incomplete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Thank ****, I'm completely enrolled. Although none of the tutorials I'm supposedly signed up for automatically are on my timetable... When do I find out when those are?

beanyb: Might be full...=/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭slovessmg

Condoriano wrote:
    Hmm, does that mean then i've to choose a second year elective on something ive not done in first year??

You can choose any Stage 1 module that you have not completed or any stage 2 module that you are eligible for (to be eligible you have to have completed the stage 1 access route you a stage 2 module)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I'm enrolled in my cores and minor (English, Music and Art History), but I dunno what to do about the auld electives. It's got me in for Political Theory and it wont let me drop that or pick any others... I can't even do it because it clashes with my timetable. Getting a bit frustrated now but I'll just leave it til tomorrow and see what happens.

Is it just me or has SIS been raped in the ass? :confused:

^ yup...

''Network Error

Due to the high number of students currently registering online, SISweb is unable to handle your request at present.

Please try again later. ''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

slovessmg wrote:
    You can choose any Stage 1 module that you have not completed or any stage 2 module that you are eligible for (to be eligible you have to have completed the stage 1 access route you a stage 2 module)

So just let me get this clear - I'm going into 2nd Year, but I can still pick electives that are for 1st Years and I'll get my 5 credits? Schweeet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

i was just wondering, now as you are allowed overenrol and then they randomly choose you, what happens if u get randomly unchosen and you are left with no elective, this will be a kick in the teeth for those who enrol early, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Enrollment open for Radiography from the 8th of September. Yeah right if it is I'm not seeing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

i just got like 6 emails about the module enrollment, also got 3 emails from the vice pres for students...is the UCD system fúcked or wha'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I've finished my module enrollment I've enrolled for a joint major in Politics and Sociology.I picked my core and option modules and it appears I can do 2 electives so I picked 1 other module in Politics and 1 other module in Sociology that are Level 2.

Got enrolled up to the 60 credit limit and I'm happy with my choices.

EDIT: I've got 16 hours of lectures and tutorials although the tutorials wouldn't all be on the one week so I reckon its about 13 hours.Its alright though.

I double checked my choices and everything seems to be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

ok, finally got all my crap enrolled. Only problem is, the only stage which is still at "incomplete" is the "major/minor/credit block :confused: . This, has been completed. I picked a joint major - Music & English. Anyone else getting this? Phoned the "help" desk and still waiting to be called back. I'm not even angry any more I just want it all to end!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Yeah I'm getting that doesn't seem to be anything though like we've chosen the modules.

I printed off the calendar for the year everything seems to be in order except as you said its not showing that we are complete when we actually are!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 faultyclosure

Hey, I'm going into first year Arts, and I was just wondering if maybe one of you more experienced people could give me a hand.

I enrolled and registered for three main subjects English, Philosophy and Information Studies, giving me my 60 credits, but now it's telling me that my enrollment is not complete and Electives are still required.

Does that mean I have to take one of the above subjects as an Elective? :confused:

I tried looking up on the main UCD website, but to be honest this just confused me even more:

"In First Year (called Stage 1) you must study 2 subjects in '20 credit blocks', and then another one or two subjects in either one '20 credit block' or two '10credit blocks'."

Any help would be greatly appriciated you guys, cheers.

Also, is it just me or does UCD have some of the worst organisation skills like, EVER? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ugh, site so slooooow... and painful... :(
    SIS isn't working at all for me.

Couldn't finish enrolling as there's no timetable for the second semester to finish enrolling - totally stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

i have the joy of being in a "transitional year". I have 7 core, 5 option modules however the "option" modules can only be in science or one language unit and i still can't pick any of those modules even though we're suposed to only have until sunday:rolleyes: joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

What the hell is going on here?

The options I need to do are all in the elective choice section...

So I rang the programme office and they said to call in on Monday... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Hey, I'm going into first year Arts, and I was just wondering if maybe one of you more experienced people could give me a hand.

I enrolled and registered for three main subjects English, Philosophy and Information Studies, giving me my 60 credits, but now it's telling me that my enrollment is not complete and Electives are still required.

Does that mean I have to take one of the above subjects as an Elective? :confused:

I tried looking up on the main UCD website, but to be honest this just confused me even more:

"In First Year (called Stage 1) you must study 2 subjects in '20 credit blocks', and then another one or two subjects in either one '20 credit block' or two '10credit blocks'."

Any help would be greatly appriciated you guys, cheers.

Also, is it just me or does UCD have some of the worst organisation skills like, EVER? :rolleyes:
    if you have the 60 credits you should be fine. the system can be a bit of a spa sometimes, telling you you have to do things that you don't really have to. according to here arts students don't have to do electives if they have their 60 credits from the core subjects.

anyone having trouble enrolling should really come in to the assisted registration labs where the likes of me will help them through the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

rain on wrote:
    anyone having trouble enrolling should really come in to the assisted registration labs where the likes of me will help them through the whole thing.

Will that be open on Monday and if so where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

18AD wrote:
    Will that be open on Monday and if so where?
    yep - open all next week. in:

ag building: g30 (that's me)
    arts building: lg3 and 4
    science hub: g15
    eng building: 321
    health science: b006

look out for the eejits in the green t-shirts that say "ucd student desk" on them.

My stupid one is trying to make me do all sorts of stupid things that don't exist and wn't register the ones for me that i click on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

ALLLLLLL done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Is anyone else having trouble as someone who repeated first year? I repeated last year, and the subjects I did last year are available to be selected. But on my first first year, I did Geography and passed it, and it's not available to be selected for some reason. Is that a problem with the system because I did it two years ago, am I actually not allowed pick this for some reason or is it some other fault?

Also Film Studies can only be done as a 10 credit elective despite the fact I was explicitly told in first year when picking my subjects it'd be available to carry on as a proper major in second year, something which is not cool at all. If I'd known that I may not have picked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭postgrad

I just read online today that TODAY was to be the last day to pay fees?

First of all, I never got a user name to sign in to pay at all. My MA programme starts the 25th. Am I okay, or should I start to panic? I never got anything in the mail about paying and now I'm afraid it might be too late. Would they take my name off the course if they didn't receive my payment today?

Any details/help is appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 faultyclosure

rain on wrote:
    if you have the 60 credits you should be fine. the system can be a bit of a spa sometimes, telling you you have to do things that you don't really have to. according to here arts students don't have to do electives if they have their 60 credits from the core subjects.

Thanks a million for the help. It's really appriciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

electives and all are done and now all that is left is that I see nothing at beside the "Major/Minor/Credit Block" tab and the "your summary" (there should be a full circle beside both if they are complete),so what do I do?
    O and also will I get my timetable when its all done???
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: ..............any one regretting to go to UCD already?

Advertisement