Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online enrollment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

your timetable should be up as soon as you (and while you) finish choosing your subjects. Hit the "view calendar" button and it will show you your two semesters times for lectures etc and where.

And no, i love ucd :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Condoriano

Is there anyone here doing computer science (2nd year)?
    I just need to check something on the timetable.
    On tuesday's at 11 do you have COMP 2007 and 20030 listed? The same goes for Thursdays at 12.

Another thing is for 20030 it says semester 2 rather than semester 1, but i thought that it was a semester 1 module, and if not then why isnt it on the semester 2 calender?
    (20030 is also down on its own for wednesday's at 3, thursdays at 11, and a lab on monday at 9 so do i just ignore the other ones mentioned above then?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

See what these Trinity wasters are doing with their spare time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭postgrad

postgrad wrote:
    I just read online today that TODAY was to be the last day to pay fees?

First of all, I never got a user name to sign in to pay at all. My MA programme starts the 25th. Am I okay, or should I start to panic? I never got anything in the mail about paying and now I'm afraid it might be too late. Would they take my name off the course if they didn't receive my payment today?

Any details/help is appreciated...

I just wanted to re-post this since the UCD office hasn't answered my question of where to find my user name yet, so I thought someone might know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I havnt paid my fees yet. Didnt pay them last year for ages too .

• Advertisement

i aint payed yet either as i still dont know if i passed SEP.

I also haven't paid because I haven't heard back about my grant application yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I haven't paid because I can't until I'm properly enrolled.

i.e. at the mo when I request a bank giro it says "Arts Mode II Undergraduate, session 2005/06".

Who ever said that UCD were behind the times, eh?:rolleyes:

P.S. unlike 1st yrs, the rest of us cannot obtain a student card until we pay our fees, at least partially. So this is annoying on that level as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

PLEASE HELP!:mad: im going into first year physiotherapy i THINK iv enrolled but the thing is,i didnt get to choose anything?!i just chose times for some practicals!what about the whole horizons thing??!!i havent paid my fees is this anything got to do with it?!it says im five units short of the quota so i need to pick more! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Some courses don't have many options for choice. You're essentially booked into the required modules. It sounds like you have an elective slot that needs to be filled.

Regarding paying fees, as long as you're enrolled for the course there shouldn't be a problem. With the amount of chaos going on at the moment I can't see UCD penalising people for not paying fees, especially if no option was given to pay them. As mentioned above you can't get your student card so no access to the library :eek: and services can't confiscate it for drinking on campus!

• Advertisement

I have not been able to enroll yet because I do not know how to obtain my user name. I know my password is my birthdate and year, but where/how do I find my username to log in on enrollment?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

postgrad wrote:
    I have not been able to enroll yet because I do not know how to obtain my user name. I know my password is my birthdate and year, but where/how do I find my username to log in on enrollment?

Thanks.

I remember I got a printout with my user name and password after I got my student card or was it before I can't recall.Anyway stating the obvious, why don't you go on down to UCD and find out about it with any relevant information you might have at hand.

errr one of my electives is no longer showing up on my calendar... I cant remove it either as its now down as a "pre-selected". It also isnt being counted towards by 60 credits. Anyone know whats up with that? :)

EDIT: meh i assume its cos i had 35 credits in semester one and 25 in semester two, moved japanese to semester two and it all seems hunky dory, although im still down as pre-selected for semester one. I now have no electives in semester one. Joy.
    Also any one know where the computer science theatre is? Its just down as "CSTh" so i guess theres only one but i've no idea where :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Also any one know where the computer science theatre is? Its just down as "CSTh" so i guess theres only one but i've no idea where :p
    Yep only the one lecture theatre. Enter Computer Science and Informatics Building. Continue straight on and turn right at the window. Theatre at end of corridor past the second and third year labs.

Chakar wrote:
    I remember I got a printout with my user name and password after I got my student card or was it before I can't recall.Anyway stating the obvious, why don't you go on down to UCD and find out about it with any relevant information you might have at hand.

Thanks, I should call. I've been trying to e-mail to no avail. I don't leave the US for Dublin until the 18th because my MA classes don't start until the 25th.

If anyone else knows about how to get a username, please let me know.

cheers robin. Figured it was down there somewhere

postgrad wrote:
    If anyone else knows about how to get a username, please let me know.
    As far as I know you don't get your username until you register/get student card. So you might have to wait until you come here to do all that.

Have you tried contacting your dept. instead of the main admin office? They might have more info on whats going on. Espec since you're a postgrad.

Edit: According to this you don't enroll until after term starts anyway. So don't panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

On the ucd site yesterday it said that provisional enrollment would close at 12 noon today and that we'd get an e-mail by 7pm stating whether we got our choices or not?

Did anyone else see this or am i mad?

On the ucd site yesterday it said that provisional enrollment would close at 12 noon today and that we'd get an e-mail by 7pm stating whether we got our choices or not?

Did anyone else see this or am i mad?

Still
    says it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I saw it at 11:58 this morning :p
    Took my time picking my electives and stuff anyway and have since received a confirmation emailing saying I got into both of them.
    On a side note; when I view my time table its fine ie. nothing clashes but there are no labs or tutorials up for any of my courses and I can't see any options to pick when they'd be on. So I mean could these potentially cause clashes when they start up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Ugh, they've shagged mine up and only enrolled me for three of my four economics core modules. Brilliant

Thanks, i couldn't find it and i thought i had imagined it.

I got no e-mail.
    My UCD address has no new ones.
    Did everybody get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

On my electives page one of my two electives has suddenly become "preselected" and no longer counts towards my ten points. Is this just some weird bug or what? I can't edit/remove it, it's not on my timetable and I can't pick the tutorial for it. It was a perfectly normal elective yesterday and I logged in once earlier and it said I was back to the required points again. Is there anything I should do to try and sort this out?

s this just some weird bug or what? I can't edit/remove it, it's not on my timetable and I can't pick the tutorial for it.
    My turned like that when i didn't get into the elective. I got an email saying i didn't get in.

Okay i still have no e-mails. Bah! Where do i go about this tommorrow? Theres still a problem with Irish clashing with Art History when it clearly should not.
    The Irish department said they couldn't help when i called them on wednesday.

Any ideas?

Dunno if its the same for you but in science we just go to the general science programmes office and they sort it out. We don't go to each individual department.

I dunno where that would be in the arts(for example) building but if its anything like science then just look for the big queues.

Haha thanks, i'll be on the lookout for masses of people tommorrow, its just annoying cos i'll be going to classes tommorrow without even knowing if i've gotten them.
    Paper and real people was so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

Okay i still have no e-mails. Bah! Where do i go about this tommorrow? Theres still a problem with Irish clashing with Art History when it clearly should not.
    The Irish department said they couldn't help when i called them on wednesday.

Any ideas?

you need to go to the arts programme office. It's in the arts building where that big seated area with the statues used to be. You will recognise it by the queues..... the people there are very helpfull though and should be able to sort you out. I got what appeared to be a major problem sorted in minutes, bring a copy of your time table.

Anyone else having trouble getting on SIS? I'm assuming it's just crashed completely at this stage, have not been able to get access all morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

GRR... they've taken "my records" from ucd connect so you can no longer get into SIS by logging into connect. But when i go to the SIS page to log in it asks for my Student/CAO number and PIN/DOB. But won't accept my student number and password. Grr. grr. grr. grr. grr... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement

Thanks!
    I've been on SIS grand all morning. I found the other irish courses that weren't on the enrollment thing, mystery solved!
    Now i just wish they'd put them up so i could enrol to them. Currently theres only 1 irish class in sem2.
    Can't wait to just get all this sorted out.

Advertisement