Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online enrollment

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I just dropped my core module so that I could re-choose it and have a look at my timetable because it doesn't matter where I look, there is no final timetable for this semester! I could have this bloody thing today for all I know.

And now SIS won't let me choose my core module again. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I just dropped my core module so that I could re-choose it and have a look at my timetable because it doesn't matter where I look, there is no final timetable for this semester! I could have this bloody thing today for all I know.

And now SIS won't let me choose my core module again. Fantastic.

Not too sure about re-registering for your core module but your timetable should be available on your SIS module enrolment page under 'your summary' click 'calender' and it comes up. Hope that works for ya...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'm getting some server error message. Could be something to do with the fact that we're no longer able to enrol?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I presume that you all got the knack of accessing SIS while its down now? Its not down just you can't get it from blackboard.
    You have to go to the bottom of ud.ie and click the link.
    Also you must insert your student number and birthday not the normal lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

i just google UCD SIS and go that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

so i just lost 3 of my core subjects in semester 1? :p

Wtf is going on there :(

Apparently, they're having major problems (duh), but if you head over to Michael Tierney, they'll sort you out. Make sure you have a couple of hours free though because the queues are manic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

ok im slowly losing my ****in patience now...ive checked ucd connect for a few days and and the enrollment of modules and electives has been complete(60/60 credits chosen).
    Today I login and it says that my electives and and options are incomplete and that I only have 40/60 credits complete.It wants to me choose choose new modules to to make it 60/60 again and also not all of my modules and electives are showing up on blackboard....WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON?IS ANYONE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

Ye i noticed the exact same thing as fatal. I am short 30 credits and it wants me to choose my electives again!! The only problem is that none of them a showing up on the choices anymore!!
    Its ridiculous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Ye i noticed the exact same thing as fatal. I am short 30 credits and it wants me to choose my electives again!! The only problem is that none of them a showing up on the choices anymore!!
    Its ridiculous!!

I cant even pick them anymore aswell and even if i could I wouldnt pick them again.I just feel sorry for whoever says to me that im not enrolled to be in a particular elective/module when I was a few days ago.

This stuff was supposed to be sorted WEEKS ago and we are now at the end of the first week and I cant get notes from half of my lectures because it doesnt show me as being enrolled in them on blackboard.
    Its BULL****!!!!!students are missing lectures,not taking any lunch breaks
    and are staying in university longer than they need to because they are q'ing for so goddamn long just because UCD cant get their ****ing act together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Yeah I've lost one of my electives. Apart from the timetabling there wasn't anywhere near this amount of problems when first years had it last year. You'd think it'd get better with time... you'd be wrong

more load on the system i guess or the changes thye made fooked it up.

While im missing 15 credits worth they are still all on my callendar i noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Yea, I'm the same. Missing five credits, but they're still on the calendar. *sigh*

im just gonna ignore it and hope it goes away :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

when i log on it tells my i'm missing all my 60 credits, but if i click on my calendar they're all there, or if i go click each link (ie. core modules page --> options page --> elective page) without doing anything but look at them, when i then view my summary i'm enrolled to all 60. My courses aren't showing up on blackboard either, nor have they once since i enrolled....weird :confused:

im just gonna ignore it and hope it goes away
    And it worked, its fixed as of today :D

Still only have two subjects on my blackboard however and one of them is for next semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Not all lecturers use blackboard so there might not be a blackboard site for some courses. That's probably why you dont have them all showing up.

ah yeah i know but last year a lot of my courses came up even if my lecturers didnt use it.
    Least then i knew i wasnt missing anything and if i was that i had to get them to manually enrol me.

Guess ill just have to ask the lecturers :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Aaagh, I'm still not even enrolled. My SIS account is a big pile of nothing and there are no courses listed on my blackboard. :(
    Does anything actually get done by ringing the people at UCD or do you really have to go into them for any of this to get sorted?
    Anyone know how much it costs to repeat 11 modules BTW? :\

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Aaagh, I'm still not even enrolled. My SIS account is a big pile of nothing and there are no courses listed on my blackboard. :(
    Does anything actually get done by ringing the people at UCD or do you really have to go into them for any of this to get sorted?
    Anyone know how much it costs to repeat 11 modules BTW? :\

Have a read of this. Page 13/14 has the repeat fees [its around €4,300 for 55 credits].

Your best bet is to go to your programme office ...the sooner the better.

G'luck:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

My electives are all safe but about a week ago my Eng Thermo&Fluid Mechanics tutorial disappeared. Completely disappeared. It's not on my timetable and I can't just drop it and enrol for it again because in the bit with all the labs/practicals/tutorials it's just not there.

n1 danners, was looking for that fee thingy earlier.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

teehee, with all of this crap going on, i´m enjoying not having to pick electives, my enrolement involved clicking ´continue´ twice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

B-K-DzR wrote:
    im just gonna ignore it and hope it goes away :p
    That pretty much sums up the attitude of most of the Academics towards Brady at this particular point in time...

Advertisement