Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet Adapter

• 14-08-2006 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Quick question have looked everywhere cant find what im looking for, or even if one exists.
    Basically need a adapter which will plug into my wall which is an ethernet connection and allow me to have 2 multiple connections of ethernet cables.
    Basically im with SmartVision and its FTTH and no router is suppliedI have an xbox 360 and my laptop so therefore I have to keep pulling out the cable from one to the other where as if i have one of these i can run both at the same time. but i think it might be a problem because of ip addresses etc im not sure.

Looked everywhere and cant find anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Get a router + switch (or an all in one for about 50-100 yo yo's).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Oh I was thinking that would be the way....hoping to save the old yoyo's
    May as well go wireless me thinks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you posted on the Smart support forum?

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Rafloution wrote:
    Quick question have looked everywhere cant find what im looking for, or even if one exists.
    Basically need a adapter which will plug into my wall which is an ethernet connection and allow me to have 2 multiple connections of ethernet cables.
    Basically im with SmartVision and its FTTH and no router is suppliedI have an xbox 360 and my laptop so therefore I have to keep pulling out the cable from one to the other where as if i have one of these i can run both at the same time. but i think it might be a problem because of ip addresses etc im not sure.

Looked everywhere and cant find anything.

Will a switch on its own, plugged into this socket on your wall not do the trick if I understand your problem correctly. This would cost you something like €14. You would have your connection to the socket and still could plug in up to 7 other devices.

Hope this works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Avns1s wrote:
    Will a switch on its own, plugged into this socket on your wall not do the trick if I understand your problem correctly. This would cost you something like €14. You would have your connection to the socket and still could plug in up to 7 other devices.

Hope this works.

This sounds like what i need do you have a picture or a link??
    I have googled the earth and cant find the right wording to bring me up what im looking for.
    Cheers in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Rafloution wrote:
    This sounds like what i need do you have a picture or a link??
    I have googled the earth and cant find the right wording to bring me up what im looking for.
    Cheers in advance

Try http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10278

Hopefully this is what you need. It sounds it to me. Sorry, there are just 5 ports on these switches from Komplett but it's more than you seem to need. Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement