Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

37" LCD - Phillips 5321 or Panasonic PA60

• 14-08-2006 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

The Phillips 37" 5321 seems to have a good picture everywhere I've seen it running normal sky and DVD but it never seems to get good reviews. The price has also dropped this weekend from about €1999 to €1550 - €1599 so makes it a great buy.

I spent ages looking at the Panasonic PA 60 and PV60 and to be honest I wasnt too impressed by them running SKY. Faces when they moved and skin shots were very pixelated. I was expecting better. the were both direct scart leads from a sky box. The PA60 isn't full HD but does have a HDMI connection so any HD pic should be fine. Both were pretty much the same both running SKY.

Then there is the Tosh WL66 which has great reviews.

Phillips €1549 + €150 for wall mt
    Tosh €1800 + €150 for wall mt
    Panny €1870 inc Wall Mt

The Panny PV60 is about €450 more than the PV so it is out of budget

Anyone with any of these TV comment?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I've been looking around with the aim to buy before Xmas and I too think the best picture comes from the Phillips.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Saw the Phillips 37" 5321 in Harvey Norman today and took note of the model number because I want to check out the response times as the ghosting was sooooo bad. It had a DVD with Jim Carrey on and when he moved his head a trail followed him around. It was the first time that I had really seen bad ghosting and would advise againest this model.

/EDIT Go figure, the response time on that model is 8ms so I can't really understand why it looked so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭blazesoftware

Have you looked at anything else as an alternative? I'll go back to DID and see if I can see anything like that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Have you looked at anything else as an alternative? I'll go back to DID and see if I can see anything like that.
    Sorry can't recommend anything else as i'm getting a 42" and just noted this model as it was beside the one i'm getting.

Advertisement