Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Broadband Service? (South Dublin)

• 14-08-2006 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just wondering which Broadband service is the best option, both performance and cost-wise, in the south Dublin area (Cabinteely)?

I'm currently with Cinergi Broadband which is only €16 p/m with 1mb/s download speed. It keeps on randomly losing its connection though - very frustrating... I used to be with BT and they seemed pretty good, though they always seemed to mess up the billing...

Ayway, any advice on the different services - BT, Eircom, Smart etc would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭SoldierForce

Lines in South Dublin are pretty good and I have tried all Eircom, BT and Smart for broadband. Had BT before and transferred to eircom as BT had billing problems. Eircom was pretty expensive for the services offered so went for smart only to be kept waiting for 3 months for the transfer which never happened! So cancelled and went back to BT! and it's grand! BT has changed quite alot these past few months and very few people, if any, have any complaints with Billing or even Customer Care! BT have a Broadband and Line Rental package which is quite good!
    I also have NTL which seems better then BT but you will require to have NTLs Basic Cable TV package but that doesn't guarantee you can get Broadband but I know quite alot of people in South Dublin, N11 Stillorgan to Foxrock and sorrounding areas, who have this! Best is to call NTL if you are their customer and find out about this! Else I think BT is the best bet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rob_T

Just cancelled UTV today and ordered BT 3mb €63 package, just waiting for my contract start date. Adios UTV, cowboys one and all!!!! :cool: BTW i'm in the same area as you ALH-06 if you have NTL they do have good offers too (my old man has had them for 20 months and has never had any issues) , but I chucked out their TV 18months ago so I can't get their BB without signing up for the Basic Package.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

Cheers Lads.
    I rang NTL as they seemed the cheapest, but was told it wasn't available in the area. Goddammit! Anyway, thanks for the advice - I'll probably go with BT now....

Advertisement