Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How old is Google Earth?

Options
  • 14-08-2006 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I was trying to find somewhere in Cork today on Google Earth and I noticed that a lot of 'landmarks' are missing. There's no Blackash park and ride, no Tesco in Wilton (it looks like they're marking it out for building though) and I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the greyhound park is not in Curraheen yet. This seems to be a rather old version of Cork. I'm only a blow-in (here about 3 years) so I have no idea how long these things *haven't* been here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Google Earth images tend to be somewhere around three years old (looking at UCD some of the newer buildings are still mid-construction in the image) but I suppose that would only related to the USA. I don't think there's any real way other than trying to figure out how many years old that branch of Tesco is - most images of one city would tend to be taken at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fool 5000

The picture of Cork was taken on the 18th of march 2003

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Wow, that's specific, fool.

Advertisement