Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT 2 Mb Broadband & Talk

• 14-08-2006 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi

Has anyone subscribed to this package?

I'm currently on a wireless connection which is starting to annoy me due to it's (lack of) speed. So basically I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the above package.

I figured I may as well get the all in one if I'm going the wired route.

....subject to line testing blah blah blah of course :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 philipjmurphy

Yes, it would be nice to know some other people's experience. I am currently with IBB whose quality of service is hopeless and I am paying through the nose for it. I have resorted to dial-up which is up teem times faster, even though I am supposed to be on a 2M package - rubbish. I am going to chance the change over to BT even though I am using eircom phonewatch. Maybe, I will need to get one of their engineers out to sort the line out (but I am hoping that it will work ok with no change). I am currently subscribed to utv for phone calls so I'm not too sure how smooth it will go - fingers crossed.

Note: I wasn't too impressed with bt's online subscription web form since it doesn't work (this form is supposed to allow you to order their broadband packages over the web). Kind of ironic seeing that they are a service provider. Sent an e-mail to them - they replied that they had some problems with the online subscription part of the web site and to give them a call if the subscription was urgent. That was 2 odd weeks ago. I just tried it a minute ago and it's still broken. Jezz, you would think that they would at least state on the web site that the subscription links don't work at the moment, instead of letting you fill in 2 or 3 forms and then do nothing - bit frustrating and not a very good first impression. Let's hope that their broadband service is somewhat better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I switched to this from Clear****e a few months ago and have never had a problem with it. Had to get in wireless as phone line wasnt passing bb test. Once it passed, I dumped Clear****e and went with BT for this package. Full 2 meg speed pretty much all the time with no interruptions as yet. Very happy with it so far. Never had to call the help desk over anything which was a great change from having to ring my former provider at least twice a week over them blocking apps which i needed for work.
    Most people in my area are still on wireless (IBB mainly from what i can see) as the lines werent suitable until recently enough. When more people go this route my service may be affected so I hope they stick with IBB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

yeah, its fine - BT are basically just reselling eircom's DSL. It's quick and reliable. If you also transfer your line over to BT it works out quite cheap (€40 per month for line rental + BB).

As ever with BT the proviso is that their customer service is awful, so if you've any problems with your line or with billing be prepared to spend a lot of time on hold.

Advertisement