Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Roscommon cycle

Options
  • 14-08-2006 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi: I'm planning on cycling to Roscommon and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for a suitable, quiet route (avoiding major roads like the N4/N61)...

I have been considering cycling along the Royal Canal to Mullingar or Longford. Has anybody done this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Buy a few Ordnance Survery 'Discovery' series maps. They are e8 each but very detailed.
    I bought a few recently for random cycling north & west of Clonsilla. There are a ton of quiet roads with decent surfaces.

The towpath along the canal may not be suitable over a long distance.
    Between Clonsilla and Castleknock it is a dirt track but after that it is (mostly) paved. I suspect dirt track west of Clonsilla.

Advertisement