Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Lessons in Limerick

Options
  • 14-08-2006 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations? Basically I'm planning on having a car by the end of the year, but there's no car in the family which doesn't exactly help me trying to learn anything :(

I got my provisional last month. Dunno if I should try and do the test ASAP or wait till I have actual experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Treaty School of Motoring. Brian and Mike are excellent. can't fault them.

You're getting 2 opinions on your driving over your series of lessons. If Brian says great, Mike will have no problem telling you otherwise or vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Nessans!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I had lessons with Stephen from Rainbow School of Motoring, there in the car park near The Old Quarter. Had about 8 lessons, and I found him pretty good. He doesn't take crap and he will rip you a new one if you mess up, so if you're off a very nervous disposition, he may not suit you. Personally, I prefer it that way, as you pick up on your mistakes a lot faster. I went from no car skills to being able to drive with few problems in and out of town. Just got my car yesterday, and while I won't drive solo yet, I do feel confident enough to drive with someone who can, and without making too many cock ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Cool, thanks. I got a recommendation for some Turloch something-or-other guy from my aunt too. Dunno who to try now...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

don't go near a guy called simon collopy..that asshole caused me to fail by forcing me to stop the car in 3rd everytime..when i pointed out that you're supposed to be in complete control of the car at all times and that includes stopping in 2nd gear he threw a strop and insisted that he knew it all as his father was the head tester for ireland some years ago..fat know it all prick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

mike connolly from treaty school of motoring is excellent indeed!!! speaking from experience.

however, you would definitely want to keep away from his son David (same company) if you wish to keep your sanity :p i had my first 2 lessons with him and switched over to mike as fast as i could.

i must say though that neither of them pays much attention to maneuvering, starting the car, hill starts or such. which is why i'd recommend you to discuss this issue with them before you start. alternatively you may even want to take some extra lessons from another school - it certainly helps to hear the views of different instructors, and it kind of balances things out.

keep in mind that when you go to do your test, you won't be asked to go out to the highway. most of the test in limerick is conducted in residential areas with the primary focus on a safe and competent driving at low speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

O'Connell Flynn in city center is very good, i v been taking lessons with them few years ago.
    Look for Pat or Damian, they r gas people.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm sure the OP is well sorted since this thread is almost 2 years old. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yes, I became a pinko in February :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Ouch, lol just seen this now:pac::D

Well anyway, OP good luck with your driving;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Yes, I became a pinko in February :)
    Well done.
    Reckon this thread isnt going to follow suit. A few grade 3 charter violations.

<sound of creaking door hinges and jangling of mod keys>

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

<sound of creaking door hinges and jangling of mod keys>

indeed ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement