Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this possible

Options
  • 14-08-2006 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Lads. ive just ordered my 7950gx2 along with a few other things. including a asetek watercooling kit just for the cpu. but what i want to know is it at all possible to watercool the gx2 ? Im sure its possible to do the outside card, but does anybody make blocks for the inside card ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=231&cat=3&page=1

Is it possible with that ?

**edit**

Just been told it wont :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

AFAIK there are no blocks for that card available (from any major manufacturer in any case)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

i've heard that there is a standalone liquid cooling system coming out for it, something similar to the ones used on sapphire 'toxic' cards but i've no links i'm afraid.

if you do get that link could you please pm it me. or even post it here.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Here's someting.

Although I'd bet eating my hat you won't be able to buy it seperately...

• Advertisement

Hang on. alienware to liquid cooled quad sli rigs ! maybe a email to them to see if i can buy it seperatly ? or find out who they buy them from !

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

You have to much money/time.............

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Odds are you will never see a commercial block for the 7950. Its a hard design, and with the small amount of cards sold its not really viable to produce in terms of profit.

No, i just have to have a better pc then all these other feckers on boards :mad:

The competition is stiff :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

why dident you but a extream ed then.

• Advertisement

because knowing my luck when i overlcock it i will kill it. and i would cry if i kill a extreme edition cpu. im practicially bankrupt after this setup :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Anti, mind me asking how that Asus board is holding up? Its very hard to find reliable info on conroe boards at this early stage

Ill tell you as soon as it is delivered chap. As i only ordered all the parts today. from o-c.uk overclockers and komplett. id say it will be 2 weeks untill i have it up and running propely. Then there is the matter of getting my hands on a copy of x64 xp :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Danger Den Have a block for the 7950.. I think there's a few other companys making them too...

http://www.dangerden.com/news.php

7950_top_view2.jpg

Shame on u WizZard for not knowing that ;);)

ahh cheers mate. i checked the dangerden site 2 days ago, dunno how i missed that tbh.

much appreciated

Advertisement