Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomend me some trucks

Options
  • 14-08-2006 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was in G1 at the sale and bought myself most of a new setup for a nice oldschool board for Bushy. Got a 10" wide Powel Ripper deck, 60mm bones wheels and super swiss bearings. Got me some risers aswel. I figured I would use the trucks I have on my board at home, a set of silver Royals but I was looking at it today and they are probably way too narrow to use. Anyone able recommend some trucks for me? Was looking at Independent 169's http://www.independenttrucks.com/product/truck_detail.php?truck=149169 or 215's http://www.independenttrucks.com/product/truck_detail.php?truck=215

What do you think bout them? How much would they set me back here and where should I look, G1, skatecity or out in Ramp City? Was looking for some online but the only sites I could find that shipped to Ireland charged bout $40 for shipping which was more expensive then the trucks themselves.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

indy 149s will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Are you sure bout that? The indy site says that 149's will do up to 8.75" decks and mine is 10" I would have thought I needed at least 169's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

wow your really goin all out on this bowl board arent you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Are you sure bout that? The indy site says that 149's will do up to 8.75" decks and mine is 10" I would have thought I needed at least 169's?

Don't know if ya can still get em, but since you've gone all old-school what ya really need is a set of Indy 159s
    - 149s will be a little small & 169s too big.

Try some of da UK mail order shops
    - or maybe even try Clive (Skate City, Temple Bar)
    He used to sell em & might be able to get ya a set.

See ya in Bushy - when it FINALLY opens!

JohnBoy

Thanks for the replys. Looked around and the only place I could find the 159s were used from ebay and at that it was US shipping only, Ill have a look in Skate City next time im in town, not gonna be skating the pool till its open though so Ive got time. If I cant find them Ill probably go with 169's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Try Pat at LazyDog in DunLaoghaire http://www.lazydog.ie/ he said he was getting in a stock of product specifically for bushy bowl ripping.

Was talking to Clive in skate city, he suggested a set of longboard trucks he had but said that if I could get the Indy 169's then I should go for them. Just thought Id update people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Pat at lazydog has one set of indy 159s in stock.

Cool, Ill give him a ring tomorow moning then and ask him to hold them, the mother works out that direction so I could get her to pick them up. The same price as the rest of the Stage 9's do you know? 75 euro? His prices seem a little bit more expensive then I'm used to seeing?

Hey Shaggy,

I was on to Pat today and he is holding them for me. I'm gonna drop in tommorow before Pearl Jam to get them. Seem's a nice chap, never been in his shop so hopefully I can find it ok, don't know Dun Laoghre to well but I'll use the map on the site to find it.

Cheers Shaggy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

Indy's are great.There are tons of old school sites to buy from too.I used to skate old boards a couple years ago.,But it never caught on.Shame.

Gullwings are good too.

Advertisement