Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeans ,can sandpaper be used to get effect

• 14-08-2006 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

I got a pair of jeans a while back and want to soften the crease marks that came with them.
    Can I use sandpaper to soften the marks ?? and maybe create some white marks elsewhere on the jeans ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yes.
    :) practise on an old pair firts though.
    Nice to see people take initiave on this sort of this as opposed to buying presanded jeans in bt2 or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

thanks fuzzy ,I'll get crackin so .
    Jean paul gaultier look out :D

L8rs
    Brian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    yes.
    :) practise on an old pair firts though.
    Nice to see people take initiave on this sort of this as opposed to buying presanded jeans in bt2 or something.
    yeah, they dont even look proper

But Brian, be warned! Ripped jeans ye do yourself look greta but will eventually overrip and ye'll hafta throw em out

Im guessin ur rippin and not jus rubbin em with sandpaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Sandpaper will work really well in fading the too-harsh marks that many 'pre-customised' jeans have. After years of experience I think the best way of doin it is to pre-wash the jeans and use a fabric softener which will make it softer [duh] and easier to work with. If its possible try and get something like a plank of wood etc. to put in the leg of the jeans which makes it easier on yourself. It can be kind of tiring so be prepared:p When you've done all that wash your newly distressed jeans, this will loosen up the fabric and make any frails/fading look as if it has been done 'naturally' over time rather than in a factory.

Other customising ideas that can look good is using a cheese grater which will rip it slightly and make it look more worn and/or using using bleach either spattered on or with a brush. Another thing that can look good is spattering normal house paint on the denim which then kinda cracks...but some people dont like this as it might like you've just painted your house or something:p

[Oh and as Fuzzy said its really good to see people doin it themselves, it looks better and is more unique than the same ol', same ol' turfed out in their thousands from sweatshops all over:)]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Scraggs wrote:
    Sandpaper will work really well in fading the too-harsh marks that many 'pre-customised' jeans have. After years of experience I think the best way of doin it is to pre-wash the jeans and use a fabric softener which will make it softer [duh] and easier to work with. If its possible try and get something like a plank of wood etc. to put in the leg of the jeans which makes it easier on yourself. It can be kind of tiring so be prepared:p When you've done all that wash your newly distressed jeans, this will loosen up the fabric and make any frails/fading look as if it has been done 'naturally' over time rather than in a factory.

Other customising ideas that can look good is using a cheese grater which will rip it slightly and make it look more worn and/or using using bleach either spattered on or with a brush. Another thing that can look good is spattering normal house paint on the denim which then kinda cracks...but some people dont like this as it might like you've just painted your house or something:p

[Oh and as Fuzzy said its really good to see people doin it themselves, it looks better and is more unique than the same ol', same ol' turfed out in their thousands from sweatshops all over:)]
    wow all that work in the name of fashion.
    hardcoer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The jeans in question are a pair of ralph laurens and there only a few weeks old.
    Just spotted that the worn crease marks that should be at the back of my knees aren't ,so if I sand the creases down and soften them ,I'm hoping they will just look furry rather than creases.

Thanks for your help with the softener ,I'll throw in a half bottle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

You could save yourself the bother and just buy a pair of presanded jeans in BT2 or something.

Advertisement