Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conroe stock benchies

Options
  • 14-08-2006 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

Well, it arrived this morn. just got it up & runnin. :D
    Had a few probs. Got a dodgy raptor. was clickin as soon as i powered it. wouldn't even post with it in. Posted fine on other 1. didn't get 2 set up raid 0. gonna have 2 rma it now 2 ocuk :eek: Also sarahn11, that northq gpu cooler didn't work, had to go back on stock.

All @ default settings
    3DMark05 score 9291: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2158546
    3DMark06 score: 5215: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=433132
    Aquamark3 score: 122,742
    Super-pi 1m in 21.171s
    Siper-pi 32m in 21m 16.266s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You gonna change your sig until the rig's at maximum performance then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I think his sig is actually jinxing him ;) counting your eggs before they've hatched and all that. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, sounds like the usual build, all things considered its not too bad. How long burn in are you going to give it before you start throttling your clocks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

yeay.. i got mine too today ... it was a nice way to wake up to :D but when i tryed to install windows it crashed.. then i noticed how badly the cd was cratched :( going to pick up a friends cd soon.... ill have working and overclocked by friday.... at least my pc lights up blue again.. and sounds like a tornado cause of the gpu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Congrats on getting it up and running. let us know how it gets on while overclocked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Fcuk it. can't wait. startin oc as soon as i get this case tidied up. gonna warm this thing up. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Thank god you finally got the E6600. Let us know how you get on with overclocking it. By the way, there is a few on here starting to recieve their E6600.. just wondering where did ye order from.
    I think you got yours from Overclockers, pog, but did anyone recieve their cpu from Komplett yet?

I am just after recieving my hard drive, dvd burner, memory and psu today from Komplett, with a x1900xt and Abit mobo on the way from Overclockers, hopefully arriving near the end of the week. All i have left now is to order the cpu and a case.

i dont mean to piss on your parade pog, but i just showed a mate of mine the link to your 3dmark 05 score. and he gave me the link to his comparision. i would consider his base system worse then yours. but hes only 160 points behind you. using a single core cpu. have a look

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1987297

Why is this ?

he has not overclocked at all

He's got a 512mb gpu, i only got 256. Gpu score makes up bout 95% of 3dmark total score. Look again, i demolish his cpu score. I checked & i'm on par with others of the same specs. finished buildin, gonna start to oc after i get some sleep.

so my 1gb should be good then, i never really likes 3dmarks tbh. not really real world. still when you oc im sure you will decimate him :)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I was just looking on Anandtech and the E6400 overclocked to 2.88ghz is amazing! It even beats the X6800 in some rendering tests:)

Im thinking of going Conroe now because I wanted to get another gig of ram and a X2 3800, but if im going to I might as well go for conroe..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I think you got yours from Overclockers, pog, but did anyone recieve their cpu from Komplett yet?
    I got my e6600 from komplett last tuesday. Working away from home this week, so I have only had a few hours to play with the computer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 eamo55

I got my e6600 from komplett last tuesday. Working away from home this week, so I have only had a few hours to play with the computer :)

I thought kompletts first stock was due in on 21st aug?

he must have been one of the early buyers. as they did have a small quantity in that sold out in mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

anti wrote:
    so my 1gb should be good then, i never really likes 3dmarks tbh. not really real world. still when you oc im sure you will decimate him :)

It's not a 1 Gig card though, each gpu can only use 512megs. It doesn't add up like that.

Wow. At 320fsb (from 266fsb stock) & still @ stock voltages. :D Totally stable. Ran dual core prime 95 (20 mins) Sisoft Sandra burn in test & 3dmark06. Cant get this thing 2 show errors. Amazing chip to clock.
    Ah well, back to work. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

leave prime 95 runnin longer than 20 mins tbh....

It's not a 1 Gig card though, each gpu can only use 512megs. It doesn't add up like that.

Ah yeah i know. i meant it as what you said.

anti wrote:
    Ah yeah i know. i meant it as what you said.

i got one and it demolishes sli enabled games, 60 fps on quake 4 and prey going down to 50 in only a few points both at full settings, gets a nice score in 3dmark 06 too <3 the card 560 euro for 2 slightly underclocked 7900GTX still only using 1 pci-e slot

yeah thats what attracted me to them, hopefully in a few weeks i can afford another card and a better motherboard. but i might hang on for getting them both untill xmas maybe

Its the dual core prime 95 i ran for 20mins. runs prime 95 twice, 1 on each core. Gets much higher temps than prime 95. 4/5' hotter and 100% cpu usage. Just ran it again for 40 mins (3 complete runs) & no errors. temp max is at 53' under load. 32 idle. i'll push some more now.

• Advertisement

355fsbxh1.th.jpg
    Jesus, this things quick. Got it to 355fsb. dont think i'm at max yet. gonna push some more after i get some sleep. :p

anti wrote:
    yeah thats what attracted me to them, hopefully in a few weeks i can afford another card and a better motherboard. but i might hang on for getting them both untill xmas maybe

you should wait there aint many games around supporting quad sli atm, i believe battlefield 2140 will

@ PogMoThoin thats an amazing chip and its so cheap too, what HSF you using?

Looks like you got a good E6600, alot of ppl have got stuck at much lower freq's then you. congrats once again.

Now stop making me jelous :p

Zalman CNPS9500 cooler. Temps maxin at 50' full load. Didn't get to fully test 355fsb (yawn, up all nite). have a feeling it needs more power. Gonna test again now & meke sure i'm completely stable before i go any further.

ahh feck stable, we want to see 4ghz by the end of today. so chop chop !

More benchies:

3DMark06: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=436207
    3DMark05: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2161694

improvin on super-pi scores:
    355fsbyh3.th.jpg
    355fsb32meb8.th.jpg

Didn't pass 3.2 Ghz yet but confident its stable. Had to up volts a fair bit to get stable. Temps maxin at 54' under load (33-34' idle), so i dunno how much further i can go. gonna have to take side off case to push further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Mine runs quite hot, but it's on stock. It'll be a few weeks before I get my XP 120 onto it. Actually, I must bring my rig up to dublin at the weekend, so I'll get to mess with it during the week.

Mine runs quite hot, but it's on stock. It'll be a few weeks before I get my XP 120 onto it. Actually, I must bring my rig up to dublin at the weekend, so I'll get to mess with it during the week.

What temps ya gettin from stock cooler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

what vcore are you at now?

• Advertisement

Stil @ 355. Had visitors so had 2 take a break & had a quick game of FEAR. serious quick loadin times with the raptor. i'll try 360 later.

Advertisement