Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conroe stock benchies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

At 360 stable but temp is @ 58' max load. Any idea how high i can let this chip run. Don't think i'll be goin much higher.

How accurate are the temps with speedfan? Can't find this mobo on the website and just goin by the temps its giving. have it back at default now cos i'm afraid. Bios says 43' idle but speedfan says 34'. Someone advise. Its showin 58' max load. Can i trust these temps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

which CPU temp are you reading, the Diode or the Socket. There is usually about 10'c in the difference. The socket should be lower than the Diode as it is underneath the die not directly in it. Although i've found my diode seems to be lower than my socket when its idle, then it jumps above the temp of the socket when on full load... weird. Check into it though, nice benchies

Right just checked again & at default settings bios says cpu temp is at 31'.
    In windows speedfan says its at 27' idle and 37' full load. Fan is set to full-on. Reseated cpu fan last nite 2 see if i could get temps down. gonna put it back to 360fsb now and check temps. was hitting 58' yesterday @ 360fsb.

Bios gives these temps:
    System temp: 36
    Cpu temp: 31
    Nb temp: 48

Speed fan temps:
    Temp 1 (i think its system): idle 35 load 35
    Temp 2 (core): idle 27 load 37
    Temp 3 (NB): idle 47 load 48
    Temp 4 (Raptor): 24
    Temp 4 (dont know): 29 doesn't move

Why is there a difference between bios & speedfan temps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I have always found bios temps to be way off the mark tbh. And afaik and remember 95c is the threshhold for the conroe. Ive seen many overclockers hitting 65-72c and its completly stable. To be safe id throw in a few tornado case fans in to circulate more air through the case. but id do a 24hour prime ( dual core version ) @360fsb to be safe.

• Advertisement

Right, back @ 360 fsb. Slight drop in temps since reseating cooler. maxin at 54'. Only ran prime95 for few mins just to check temps. gonna run dual core test now to see if i'm stable.

Ok, ran dual core cpu & ram test for half hr, temps reachin 64. Ran cpu test for 1 hr, temps hittin 65. Pretty stable. Speedfan temps are right. set bios to shutdown @ 60' and it worked. gonna try 365.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

what speed is this currently 100% stable at?

Help, I've hit a wall @ 370fsb. Have it stable (1hr+half dual core prime95 stress test) @ 365 with 1.48 vcore. NB still at 1.6v. Temps hitting 66' with case open. Cant post @ 370. Tried upping nb to 1.65v and vcore to 1.49v and still cant get in2 windows. Dram is at 2.1v & memory is at 533mhz @ 4-5-4-15.
    Everything else is at default except pci-e which is at 101. What do i try now. Any ideas?

Gline, i think its 100% stable at 365 but i only ran dual core prime 95 for hour and half without fails. gonna run it overnight 2nite 2 make sure. Temps hittin 70' with case closed, gonna have to get better case fan. Serious fast cpu.

Dfi bios is very oc'er friendly. Gives you steps to up voltages. There's 1 setting i'm not sure bout, its called "CPU VTT Voltage" and is at 1.2v. Anyone know what this is?

loosen up then ram timings to 5-5-5-15 up the vcore to 1.50 , and nb to 1.65 hit the dram to 2.3/2.2

• Advertisement

Edited previous post while u were typing. Do you know what that Cpu vtt voltage is?

Got in2 windows ok at 370 by doin what you said. pity i dont have a lappy so i could post here while testing. Gonna test now. I'll report back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Got in2 windows ok at 370 by doin what you said. pity i dont have a lappy so i could post here while testing. Gonna test now. I'll report back later.

buy 1 of the new dell xps there ment to be cool :D

Got to 370fsb with vcore @ 1.5v but temps maxin at 68' with case open. 2hrs dual core prime stable. Dunno if i should push more or not.
    The settings as follows.
    Dram: 2.25v
    Vcore: 1.5v
    Nb: 1.65v
    Pcie Clock 101
    Sata clock 100

Should i keep going or what? I get nervous goin over 65'. I've heard of people stable @ 72'. Dunno what the limit on conroe is.
    Gonna run some benchies & go back on default cos missis has fire lit & house is heatin up.

if i was you i would stop now.

See how stable it is for a week or two. and maybe invest in some watercooling before you continue.

I would feel rather guilty if i said yeah go for 380 and you post back saying thanks, my cpu just exploded :(

Best bet watercool the cpu and chipset. But while your waiting i think its time to overclock that graphics card.

buy wizzards water cooling setup its sweet :D

Thought he wasnt splitting at all

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭poggy

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Gonna run some benchies & go back on default cos missis has fire lit & house is heatin up.

they just don't understand computers:D

Benchies @ 370fsb:
    370fsb1msf9.th.jpg
    370fsb32mdx1.th.jpg
    3DMark06: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=438674

Droppin back 2 3.2Ghz. don't want an expensive bonfire. not happy wit those temps. Must clock that gpu now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Not great TBH, far too high for stock, so I think something is wrong, so I won't say :)
    I'll have the weekend to mess around with it now anyway.

• Advertisement

watercool for the love of god !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

anti wrote:
    watercool for the love of god !

phase ftw :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

you still using that stacker? Throw some 120mm fans in the front bays ffs, its your cheapest option to increase airflow and cooling. There are some pretty simple mods out there to add a 120mm fan to your 9500 as well. What kind of TIM are you using for the cooler? I changed over to Antec Formula 5 from maplins (peats didn't have any artic silver in stock) and it dropped my load temps by 5'c with my 9500.

Ya, back @ 3Ghz (335fsb on a divider), with temps @ 52' max load. 24/7 stable. afraid of those temps. :mad: Gonna invest in more cooling & put fans on nb & ram & i'll pump it up then. There's a new bios for dfi mobo out today thats supposed to be better for ocing & gives you more ram settings. I've had probs running it @ 1:1 cos i gotta pump 2.1v to ram which drives temps up. No probs with temps when i use a divider. Was letting it run a bit 2 hot da last few days. I'd be happy if i could run at 360fsb @ 1:1 with temps not reachin over 55' but i'm goin over 60 with my setup at the mo. Might consider w/c setup in near future.
    L31mrOD: Using silver 5 re-seated again last nite & got 2' drop in temps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

sound like you got a slightly better cpu then me, but your cooling isnt as good
    i get 55c max temps(running dual prime) at 360 fsb and 1.55 vcore using a Scythe Ninja

Gonna re-arrange case later to create more airflow. Wires need a bit of tidying. There's a hd cage at the front (behind front fan) blockin the flow, also i've got the front fan slightly lower than the Zalman which isn't helpin matters. Zalman shouldn't be lettin temps go that high, should be nearly as good as your ninja. Missis keeps puttin the heatin on also, not helpin matters. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Missis keeps puttin the heatin on also, not helpin matters. :D

just slap her around a bit :)

you'd think you'd be happy at 3.2 ghz? always pushin :D

any chance of a pic inside your case ?

Check out the horrible ribbon creative gave with soundcard. got it stuck to back of case with double sided tape. gonna order a round cable off them sometime. have uv sata cables comin 2. only got 1 raptor connected so far.
    p8180066iq2.th.jpg

Look at the sh1tty place dfi put the power connector
    p8180060lc8.th.jpg

p8180061xp2.th.jpg

looks deadly in the dark.
    p8180064oe7.th.jpg

Edit: only spotted cable tie sittin on gfx card now.

• Advertisement

very nice i like cool case.

Advertisement