Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sharp 500SH - Known Software Bug!! *WARNING*

• 14-08-2006 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

i've had serious problems with my new sharp 550sh phone on vodafone. i only bought it a few weeks ago. vodafone were being sketchy when i've been talking to them about it. when i tried to access a secure wap site my phone restarted. also there were other problems such as loss of service even though the signal was full.

finally i got through to someone in Vodafone tech support that had a brain. he found out just there for me that there are problems with the software on the phone, and Vodafone know it. Yet, they are still selling it.

the problems are, the phone freezes, streaming problems, a few others, and my problem. this is the first incident of my problem, but the same thing is happening in the replacement handset i recieved today. vodafone have contacted sharp and they are going to begin rebuilding the software and fixing bugs. they dont have a set date for when the new upgrade will be available though. but i was told it will more than likely be more than a month. but thats not for sure.

i'm pretty peeved off with this. i think i shall be getting a different phone off them tomorrow. :mad:

EDIT: this is not an isolated problem, its happening with a lot of the newer 550's. apparently some of the guys in tech support have these problems too.

also, i dont work for vodafone. just to make that clear.:)

Advertisement