Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Age Card

Options
  • 14-08-2006 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

How long does it take from when you apply to get one at the station to the card arriving? The Garda said to me it'd take about 5 weeks and I've been waiting 6 weeks now almost. Does it arrive at your house or do you have to go to the station to collect it? I know some people who only had to wait a couple of weeks for their's to arrive but others had to wait like 2 months?!? How long does it take to put your pic on a card with your DOB and name on it?!?!?!????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

You dont need to make multiple threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

garda at my barracks said it is supposed to take about 2 months, but in reality generally takes about 9.

use your passport instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I was ment to get one but I never got around to it and seein the that its the gardai doin it you will be waiting months for it :rolleyes: I just use my passport wer im 14 in it never been stoped:D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

What do you need to bring in when applying for one? Is it just a passport for identification or do you need a parents sig (if under 18)? I've been meaning to get one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Rob30888 wrote:
    What do you need to bring in when applying for one? Is it just a passport for identification or do you need a parents sig (if under 18)? I've been meaning to get one...
    Can you apply for it while under 18 so as to have it when you actually are 18 rather than waiting for 29 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

I know a guy who doctored his birth cert, and went into the station with the fake.

Got his Age Card no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I haven't tried yet, but do most bars accept a passport as id? Debs are in 3 weeks (and LC celebration wednesday night) and I need to be able to buy booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Oh god yes! Besides for the debs they don't give a flying f*** what age you are so in effect at the place the debs is being held they wont even check for ID. Normal bars etc. of course will

some places are handy to get served at for debs, cos they know you'll just get someone else to get it for you anyway

you have to be 18 to apply

all bars accept passports (some only accept them)

Oh god yes! Besides for the debs they don't give a flying f*** what age you are so in effect at the place the debs is being held they wont even check for ID. Normal bars etc. of course will

Sweet thanks! I haven't got that stupid garda id yet so passport is my only other id.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Why hasn't this thread been locked yet? :confused:

And afaik, it's actually illegal to carry yout passport around when your not planning on leaving the country, that's why student id/garda id cards exist - because your passport is too valuable to lose on a night out.

And afaik, it's actually illegal to carry yout passport around when your not planning on leaving the country, that's why student id/garda id cards exist - because your passport is too valuable to lose on a night out.

Oh really? ****. What about a student swipe card? My school had them, and my pic on it is from 3rd year, but it has DOB and stuff on it, and looks legit.

Why hasn't this thread been locked yet? :confused:

but they're not gonna book you for it

but if you do lose, report it. not doing so is a felony

OctavarIan wrote:
    Oh really? ****. What about a student swipe card? My school had them, and my pic on it is from 3rd year, but it has DOB and stuff on it, and looks legit.
    they'll probably tell you to go and ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

I got my ID card and now I'm after bloody losing it!!! I'm such a twat sometimes. Now I'll have to re-apply for the blasted thing. Oh, and it took a few months for it to arrive in my letterbox last year! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

I work in a pub, we only accept the following: drivers licence, Garda age card, or passport. We don't even look at student, college cards, way too many fakes around. I know it is easy enough to doctor any form of Id, changing the date of birth etc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tesco's won't serve ya unless you're either 18+ with garda id or over 21 with any form of id.

(have gone into tesco's before with passport/full drivers licence/credit card (in my name)/car keys (which i showed worked on my car outside)/college id with DOB)

refused me on the simple grounds that i didn't have a garda id.

so if you're looking to get booze before going to clubs/debs etc. dont go to tesco's.

skibum how would you feel about non-laminated college Id's ie. the infomation and photo is actually printed on the plastic card itself? i'd imagine they'd be hard to fake. also what pub ya work in, hope you haven't given me a dodgy pint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

erm.....no

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement