Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else having trouble with Vodafone ISP APN?

• 14-08-2006 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Hi anyone else having trouble accesing the internet using the Vodafone ISP APN? Everything was working fine up until yesterday eveing, but now when a connection is established, only about 1 in ten attempts will connect to a website.
    I thought it may have been a problem with the HTC Tytn i was using (even though i was connecting perfectly until yesterday evening), page would load in Pocket Internet explorer try and reload the page or go to another website and it would just ime out. I stuck my SIM back in my Nokia N90 but the problem is happening as well there with Opera, e.g. make a connection to Vodafone ISP APN, bbc mobile loads up, try and access the news link, it will eventually time out, try and access another site, same thing happens.

Don't want to get onto Vodafone at the moment as both handsets are not supported by Vodafone so i won't get anywhere with them. I know all settings are correct as i have been using the same APN on both handsets with no problems previously.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Try the office apn office.vodafone.ie I think. It has the same username and password too I think, well it did anyway back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Try the office apn office.vodafone.ie I think. It has the same username and password too I think, well it did anyway back in the day.

No impovement using the office APN, cheers anyway JTG. Have perfect 3G signals on both devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Having no such problems,using it as we speak writing this thread,mind you i do sometimes get connection time outs when connecting to boards.ie or adverts.ie but i thinks it due to their servers.Try switching to normal gprs and see what happens might be a 3g problem.

Yeh the connection appears to be a hell of a lot more stable if i force the Tytn to use GPRS only and disable 3G alltogether. Think i'll dig out my old Sonyericsson V800 and see how stable the 3g connection is on that.

ok its definitely not a problem with the handsets, there seems to be a problem with 3G and the isp.vodafone.ie APN. Popped my SIM back into my Sonyericsson V800. Set up a bluetooth connection between the Tytn and V800(using the V800 as a 3g modem) and first couple of links i click on work fine but then the same problem occurs - pages then stop loading after a minute or 2 (connection does not drop and again still have a full 3g signal). At least i have something to work on with Vodafone when i call them tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Ha - I've been having exactly the same problem for the last day or two. Takes two or three attempts to connect and when I leave the connection online I find it drops itself after about 10 minutes.

Definately a problem with Voda. Will give them a call.

talla wrote:
    Hi anyone else having trouble accesing the internet using the Vodafone ISP APN? Everything was working fine up until yesterday eveing, but now when a connection is established, only about 1 in ten attempts will connect to a website.
    I thought it may have been a problem with the HTC Tytn i was using (even though i was connecting perfectly until yesterday evening), page would load in Pocket Internet explorer try and reload the page or go to another website and it would just ime out. I stuck my SIM back in my Nokia N90 but the problem is happening as well there with Opera, e.g. make a connection to Vodafone ISP APN, bbc mobile loads up, try and access the news link, it will eventually time out, try and access another site, same thing happens.

Don't want to get onto Vodafone at the moment as both handsets are not supported by Vodafone so i won't get anywhere with them. I know all settings are correct as i have been using the same APN on both handsets with no problems previously.

Advertisement