Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting/rental Companies

Options
  • 14-08-2006 9:17pm

Sry if this isn't the right forum for this:

I'm looking to rent out my house, however I don't really want to live in it with tenants. Until recently I've had a single tenant (an old friend) who was paying abt half the mortgage, however he's moving out soon. I'm not really up to watching tenants and the house, since I'm not exactly a responsible sort myself (nor am i really up to enforcing my will on damages etc.). I could trust friends, but I'm not so sure about strangers.

So I got the idea of getting a company to look after the rent and such, while I either got myself an apartment or shared one in the city (Cork). [I've found plenty of options for renting that are suitable]

I've been doing searches on google, but haven't found much info beyond what was on let.ie, which wasn't much at all.

Anyone have any knowledge of this, and how it works?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I don't think this is going to be very tax-efficient. Your income from the house probably won't come close to covering the rental on the apartment once you've paid all the fees and the income tax. You would also be creating a capital gains tax liability for yourself when you go to sell.

Not really answering your question, I know. But you probably should look at soc-accommodation/property

Advertisement