Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right amount to charge ?

Options
  • 14-08-2006 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum so sorry if it isn't. I run a small rural B&B in Cork County and tonight a lovely guy asked me if I'd do him a sandwich whilst his wife was at a meeting. No problem but I don't know what to charge as I don't usually do sandwiches. I do the odd evening meal but obvioulsy this isn't the same.

I created him a decent ham sandwich (offered him a choice of 3 fillings) on granary bread plus side salad of lettuce/tomato/red onion/pepper and provided mustard, salt & pepper. Plus he had a pot of tea with jug of milk etc. All done properly, knife & fork serviette etc. Served outside on the patio overlooking our pond as it was still sunny.

Would €5 be asking too much? Don't laugh at the question please. I don't eat out that often and if I do I don't tend to take too much notice of individual items at the time as usually with my b/friend or family.

Don't want to rip the guy off but don't want to undersell myself either.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

While ideally you would visit another B&B and see what they are charging the best you can do is visit a decent pub (not a trendy one though) and see how much a toasted special is and a pot of tea for one, that gives you one price

the consider how much the raw materials cost, that gives you another

now you have a ballpark figure that you can adjust up or down, according to how nice the unmeasurables are, like how nice the patio is

mountain%20view%20027.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

OP, what costs would you have in making the sandwich, obvious or otherwise? Id say €4 would be a good price to charge, but it obviously depends on your costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

thanks for the advice, I went with €5 and they seemed happy enough :) Patio looks very overgrown, might have to put another pic on the website with it neatly pruned and the rose bushes in flower.

Advertisement