Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slash's best work since GnR?

• 14-08-2006 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people think of this tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Cd53ErOUQ

It's called Street Child by Elan. It's a great song, in my opinion. She has a great voice. Really cool video. To cap it off, the legendary Slash makes an appearance with two beautiful guitar solos. IMO, it's his best work since GnR and I'd love to see more of this kinda soloing on the next VR album (although its unlikely).

P.S. I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I thought a lot of rock fans would be interested. Plus, it's kind of a power ballad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

what a great song. i have had that on my ipod for the last year. slash sounds great on the track. i think you cna get the song on itunes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Meh, wasn't gone on it. Kinda had it on in the background, where anything really impressive will grab my attention, but it took me a while to realise the track had ended and I hadn't heard anything attention-grabbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nah, nothing in there that stood out for me. Personally, I think his best work comes from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td0DVI6QWWY

CAn somebody tell me which other people were in this band? I know Matt sorum was involved somewhere, but its the bassist, guitarist and vocalist that Id like to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Mushy wrote:

CAn somebody tell me which other people were in this band? I know Matt sorum was involved somewhere, but its the bassist, guitarist and vocalist that Id like to know

Line up '95:
    Vocals: Eric Dover
    Lead Guitar: Slash
    Rhythm Guitar: Gilby Clarke
    Bass: Mike Inez
    Drums: Matt Sorum
    Keyboards: Dizzy Reed
    Harmonica: Terry Andreadis

Lineup 2000:
    Rod Jackson - Lead Vocals
    Slash - Lead Guitars
    Ryan Roxie - Guitar
    Johnny Griparic - Bass
    Matt Laug - Drums
    Ted Andreadis - Keyboards, Harp

More info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slash%27s_Snakepit

Quite like It's Five O'Clock Somewhere seen them at donnington in 95/6 and they were fantastic. Was a different lineup to the album though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Note to Slash: return to the studio and work on a VR follow up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

This is pretty old.

Advertisement