Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pulled over..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I didn't indicate moving out, but checked and saw nothing behind me, I think I indicated going back in but I could be wrong. Not too sure what the limit is there, no signs that I remember along it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i dont get you, i thought you just moved from the right lane to the left and then took the left turn at the jn?

or did u move lanes twice?

I was behind a truck on the inside lane, over took him and went back to the inside lane to turn into the port.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

bennyx_o wrote:
    I was behind a truck on the inside lane, over took him and went back to the inside lane to turn into the port.
    How far were you from the junction when you cut back accross the truck to turn left? Did you force him to break to avoid hitting you?

MrP

I was a good 200 metres before the turn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i can see what you did wrong then, you prob cut him up, dunno what kind trouble your in, not as bad as most people say but if the guard turns up youll get points anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Shaybo

Wait and see what happens before going to solicitors and crapping yourself.

I was pulled in for running a red light (allegedly - I didn't as far as I was concerned and was happy to fight it in court) at the RDS in Ballsbridge and was written up for it. The guard's parting shot was 'I'll be seeing you in court'. That was about 4 years ago. I've never seen him again or been to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I can imagine that some Guards come across like this with snide remarks like I'll see you in court, I can imagine I might do the same if I was doing an infuriating job like that.

I was pulled coming off the M50 at the red cow doing 80kph slowing down in a 50kph zone and there was 3 guards each with their own gun it was like shooting fish in a barrel. The guard berated me, telling me I was having a laugh, I was just polite and let him get on with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭digweed

layke wrote:
    Nope, he's off duty and can do sweet FA about it afaik.

Wrong...there was a case a good few years back where somone fought it on the basis of the guard being off duty, afaik it went to the high court where the judegement was that a guard is never technically off duty. while they might not be working they still have all the powers.

D. :p

I don't think I did or said anything to annoy him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

digweed wrote:
    Wrong...there was a case a good few years back where somone fought it on the basis of the guard being off duty, afaik it went to the high court where the judegement was that a guard is never technically off duty. while they might not be working they still have all the powers.

D. :p

Wierd. I know a guy who fought his case because the Garda wasn't wearing his cap, and therefore not in full uniform and the case was thrown out.

Something to do with tinted windows a few years back IIRC

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ninty9er wrote:
    Wierd. I know a guy who fought his case because the Garda wasn't wearing his cap, and therefore not in full uniform and the case was thrown out.

Something to do with tinted windows a few years back IIRC

Really? What would the judge say to a detective who is not in uniform at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

kbannon wrote:
    Really? What would the judge say to a detective who is not in uniform at all?

Detectives don't have uniforms so they are presumably exempted???

I'll check with my granduncleuncle though???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I think the whole no cap/unbuttoned tunic thing is gone now - it was used a lot over the years, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I wondered why I saw motorcycle cops take off their helmets and put their caps on when giving motorists tickets. That explains it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

The hat thing is 100% still in use.

Last time I got points the copper came up to the window, had a word, my excuse obviously wasn't good enough and he went back to his van to get his hat and then issued the points.

The three guards that stopped me had no hats on, is this some crazy loophole?

Advertisement