Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircon Email settings

• 14-08-2006 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

I know this may not be the perfect place to post this but it seems to be the more fitting at the moment. Basically have any of you experienced any problems when transferring from Eircom dialup to broadband with another provider? Unable to send emails maybe, but receive them ok. I have changed my out going mail server as stated on the Eircon email support website but to no avail. Anyone with any ideas?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

what did you change your outgoing mailserver to?

As you may have gathered from eircom, it is different for each provider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Change the smtp server to the smtp server provided by your new ISP (i.e. for IBB it's smtp.irishbroadband.ie). Incoming mail server you can leave as is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

oh, i changed it to mail.premierbb.ie but in saying that netsource is providing the internet connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

oh, i changed it to mail.premierbb.ie but in saying that netsource is providing the internet connection.
    Well then try mail.netsource.ie and see how u go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Thank you for the super quick reply, I will try this in the morning, its not for me.Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement