Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone robbed from airport baggage

• 14-08-2006 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

You might have seen this in AH... after my luggage was checked out in Dublin airport from a flight from London, my phone was missing, and it appears im not the only victim.

I was wondering what would be the best way to report this theft? Also I dont have my IMEI number on hand will meteor have it on their records? I want my phone at least to be blocked form the so-and-so that took it.

Has anyone else here had the misfortune of something similar happening to them what was your experience and how did you deal with it?

At an aside, for anyone who has taken out phone insurance, what are the best deals that you know of? My phone was only a sagem that cost 90quid but the fact that ill have a new phone will entice people to steal it so I should be more prepared from now on

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

You might have seen this in AH... after my luggage was checked out in Dublin airport from a flight from London, my phone was missing, and it appears im not the only victim.

I was wondering what would be the best way to report this theft? Also I dont have my IMEI number on hand will meteor have it on their records? I want my phone at least to be blocked form the so-and-so that took it.

Has anyone else here had the misfortune of something similar happening to them what was your experience and how did you deal with it?

At an aside, for anyone who has taken out phone insurance, what are the best deals that you know of? My phone was only a sagem that cost 90quid but the fact that ill have a new phone will entice people to steal it so I should be more prepared from now on

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

If your making an insurance claim probably best to leave out the full story.. the ins compoany willtry get out of it by saying it wasnt in your possession at the time.. you will end up arguing to and fro and after a struggle getting your phone..Can take ages.. best off just report it stolen from your locked glovebox in the car or you lost it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

+1 for JohnnieM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If you report it stolen from a car, you sometimes need a report to say that this happened from the Gardai, or a receipt for the repair of the car.
    You shouldn't lie on your insurance claim, and people shouldn't encourage him to.

Pythia wrote:
    If you report it stolen from a car, you sometimes need a report to say that this happened from the Gardai, or a receipt for the repair of the car.
    You shouldn't lie on your insurance claim, and people shouldn't encourage him to.

Its not lying its bending the truth...:D Believe me its the easy way to get your phne replaced..and yes he will need to get the claim form stamped at a garda station..and the guards will have no problem with it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

JohnnieM wrote:
    Its not lying its bending the truth...:D Believe me its the easy way to get your phne replaced..and yes he will need to get the claim form stamped at a garda station..and the guards will have no problem with it..

Anymore discussion of how to falsify an insurance claim and there's bans to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Sorry folks I should have been more clear in relation to my insurance query.

I was asking how much I might have to pay for insurance if I decided to cover a replacement phone of around the same value as the Sagem. What I actually did today was buy the cheapest phone on offer, a Nokia 1600 for €49, which I feel isnt worth insuring! I couldnt stomach buying the exact same phone 3 weeks later or spending even more money on one.

Ill ring Serviceair or whoever tomorrow and report it stolen so they can make an addition to their undoubtedly long list of reported thefts, or maybe by an act of God perhaps close in on people who might be responsible, doubt it very much though. I am grateful I got my bag back, I know a family who currently have received 2/10 bags back in Heathrow flying from Australia, ouch.

So cased closed, thanks anyway, no need for any bannings here ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tbh, you would wonder how the insurance companies make any money from mobile phone insurance, given it's so open to abuse.

Yeah true.. but its actiually only worth your while to insure an expensive phone as you can get phones with credit for f all these days in some cases the phone will be standing you nothing by the time you get your credit back.

The Insurance isn't to easy to abuse since they introduced IMEI Verification especially with Vodafone they very sticky... a lot of claims dont make it as they dont fall within the terms and conditions which of course the average joe public never reads (esp the small print..).

hey kalish***** kid (cant Spell) ..Dont forget to report it to your operator they will bar the handset...be worth nothing to who ever took it... They will a have the IMEI on their system..

• Advertisement
Advertisement