Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First meeting of the boards football team this thurs at 8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

which entrance is parkgate street one. Is that the one near the T junction when you come down from kilmainham and take a left? I know all the gates just not the names. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Xavi6 has informed me that he will be disguised in a Barcelona jersey with Xavi 6 emblazoned on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I don't know any names of roads or gates:( Are we meeting at the monument?

As far as I know the Parkgate Street entrance is the main one at the city end of the park.

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/310/parkmapus0.jpg

Heres an aerial picture of the end of the park if someone wants to mark the pitch, otherwise we could maybe just meet at the Wellington monument.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I couldnt get your pic to work there Joe.

The big black circle is the gate.
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~darragh/junk/parkgatestreet1.JPG

And the pitch should be around here somewhere :confused:
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~darragh/junk/parkgatestreet2.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Gets dark around 9ish

there is a pitch at the end of that road on the left if you go in that entrance keep going till you see a pitch, i be in a big white fiat van.

There around 8ish just before.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Id reccomend to just meet at the bottom of the monument,its far easier for people who arent sure of the way,it would be easy to move on after that

with the numbers expected id think the grass near the monument would be fine,its normally in as good nick as a pitch anyway

Either one is fine for me, so long as we have something definitive and half the people aren't at one and half at the other.

I dont mind where we play. We ain't gonna have numbers for a full pitch match
    and the grass near the monument is well looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

So right we are meeting before and around 8pm then. Anybody got an exact location too, plus whos got the football?

• Advertisement

Monument at 8. I have many,many footballs. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Monument at eight it is so.

See you all later, I'll be in my Shels jersey!

seansouth wrote:
    I'll be in my Shels jersey!

Yeah, about that, banned!!!

:D

Looks like, by the count in this thread, we have about twelve coming this evening.

I'm going to bring a notebook to get people's details and stuff all written down, plus I doodled a few Crests today in work, which I'll bring too. :D

It's a nice evening too, so hopefully it'll be a daycent kick around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

Hey,
    I think I might pop in for a kickabout. Anyone know the bus from O'connell st? or best way of getting there?

seansouth wrote:
    Looks like, by the count in this thread, we have about twelve coming this evening.

I'm going to bring a notebook to get people's details and stuff all written down, plus I doodled a few Crests today in work, which I'll bring too. :D

It's a nice evening too, so hopefully it'll be a daycent kick around.

Godd stuff, see, your a natural for this managerial stuff.

Quball15 wrote:
    Hey,
    I think I might pop in for a kickabout. Anyone know the bus from O'connell st? or best way of getting there?

The 10 (iirc) will take you from O'Connell St to Infirmary hill.

Im stuck in work till dont know when, other 2 lads will probably pop along.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Im stuck in work till dont know when, other 2 lads will probably pop along.

kdjac

Boo urns, your one of the main instigaters of this farce. :)

So are we meeting at the monument now then? I have my shorts and everything on now anyway, put them on this moring under my jeans, so hopefully I can make it out:)

• Advertisement

Im having trouble getting a lift out to the park which aint a problem, I could easily
    cycle. But Ive to get another lift out of the park and out to the air port which
    means Ill have to leave at 8.30 . Ive a game at 9 tonight.

So ill have to give this weeks kick about a miss sadly :( Maybe its just as well since
    I would mess teams up leaving early and it will take a while to get a kick about
    going anyway.

Sean said he is gonna try and collect details so ill send him a PM with mine.

Enjoy the session!

Stekelly wrote:
    Boo urns, your one of the main instrigaters of this farce. :)

Nm sorted now i be there with 2.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I saw this a bit late but I would be interested in playing with you guys if there are still places in the team. Wasn't sure to post my details here or in the other thread so hopefully this doesn't get lost!

I play at right or left back mostly (though I'm right footed), but can play as DM(C) if required. I have no pace but I'm really good at injuring opposing players.

Hey Serbian, we'll definitely add you to the list, if it goes well this evening you can always come to the next one, there are already people doing that anyway.

If you want, if you don't post on here a lot, I'll be taking peoples' details later, PM if you like, and I'll keep you informed of later meet-ups. Phone or email address or whatever.

Serbian wrote:
    I saw this a bit late but I would be interested in playing with you guys if there are still places in the team. Wasn't sure to post my details here or in the other thread so hopefully this doesn't get lost!

I play at right or left back mostly (though I'm right footed), but can play as DM(C) if required. I have no pace but I'm really good at injuring opposing players.

Tonights the first meet up so absolutely nothings been done other than whats on the two threads. So feel free to turn up if your interested. Monument at 8, it's the place to be. :)

Or just turn up when we start training.

Will the commute not be a bit of a killer? :D

Oh, and give the gaffer his avatar back.

Not long back from what surprisingly turned out to be a decent session. 13 turned up which was more than I thought. Good to put some faces to names (although I only remembered 2 by the end, Kdjac & seansouth, appologies to the rest I'm sure they'll stick in time) .

All in all a good starting point. 5 or 6 more and we'll have a full squad. Just a matter of the €100 a head for guarenteed commitment. :D

Lol names heres my 1st boards 11 :d

GK Guy in GAA jersey in Goal

LB Ste Kelly
    CB Joesoap
    CB Big guy with tracksuit bottoms
    RB Yellow shirted guy on my team

LW Arsenal shirt guy
    DM Cormie tank top on my team
    CM Xavi well the guy in the barca gear :)
    RW kdjac Pats away jersey

CF Andy guy who wouldnt run
    CF Guy in shorts on other team

Subs

Seansouth
    GK Mick

Decent turn out but think i left someone out :confused: Whoever it is can go RW :D

Now can someone put names to these people :)

kdjac

That was a good match alright. Even though we got hammered. I was the chap all over the place with the sleeveless top on. Sorry to whoever I smacked with the ball, got 2 people, one guy twice:o

cormie wrote:
    That was a good match alright. Even though we got hammered. I was the chap all over the place with the sleeveless top on. Sorry to whoever I smacked with the ball, got 2 people, one guy twice:o

That was Joesoap you hit which i got blamed on :(

kdjac

• Advertisement

K lads, names to faces (and jersey) time.

I'm JoeSoap (obviously <--) and was in Shels jersey with white Bayern shorts and white socks.

Xavi 6 was Xavi 6.

Advertisement