Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First meeting of the boards football team this thurs at 8

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I take it I'm the designated left footer then Kdjac?:D

How come the new forum doesnt appear when you use the drop down menu at the top?

Maybe we could transport the team related threads over there to beef out the forum a bit and to keep use athletes away from the couch potatoe armchair fans. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Subscribe to it ?

I will move them over when most of the 12 who were there tonight post in the forum.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

What was the standard at this like? Be interested in playin a bit but I've never played competitive football, only with the lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Simona1986 wrote:
    What was the standard at this like?
    Pretty good I thought.

Consider that most of the lads who played NEVER met each other before, it was a decent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Simona1986 wrote:
    What was the standard at this like? Be interested in playin a bit but I've never played competitive football, only with the lads.
    Put it this way. If Steve Staunton had been in the Phoenix Park this evening, the Ireland-v-Germany game might have had some unfamiliar faces.

Nah, it was a decent standard alright, we'd make an alright little team. No world-beaters but solid enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

So it wouldn't really be worth my while heading down then? Going to give the "mess" league in UCD a lash this year, if this goes well I'll be up for it next year with a bit of experience under my belt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

K lads, names to faces (and jersey) time.

Was the other goalkeeper, wearing the yellow Parma jersey.
    My mate was wearing the jumper, and the blue shorts on our team, think ye have him to play up front.his name is Mr.Pinchy on here, dont think hes a memeber of the Soccer forum though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Simona1986 wrote:
    So it wouldn't really be worth my while heading down then? Going to give the "mess" league in UCD a lash this year, if this goes well I'll be up for it next year with a bit of experience under my belt!

Why dont you just turn up for a footy session with us and get your own opinion?

I havent played proper competitive footy for three years. Ive just been playing
    in college and with mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 kaizersoze1

I missed this due to unforseen circumstances!
    Any chance you are going for a kick about tomorrow in the Phoenix Park again? Id be up for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Any chance you are going for a kick about tomorrow in the Phoenix Park again? Id be up for that

My muscles are all stiff and wouldnt mind a run about. Ill go for a job if this
    doesnt go ahead...boring jogging :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement