Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ready to purchase...a dvd recorder...

• 15-08-2006 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

I've decided that rather that build a htpc, I'm going to buy a dvd recorder with hdd. The htpc will come later...some parts have been ordered, but others will take a while to get...so the purchase of the dvd recorder will happen on Thursday.

Now to search the threads for recommendations, but if you would like to leave one here, that would be very much appreciated.:D

Rgds,

D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

First of all, you should put Dvd Recorder in the subject line as it is easy to miss this post.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the Pioneer models. Depending on whether you would record a lot of stuff or not they come in 80 gig and 160 gig capacities (and maybe bigger - 250?) I have the Pioneer HDD 530 which is last years model of the 160 gig but apparently the new model HDD 540 doesn't really improve much on this and maybe somewhat dearer. Big plus points are the EPG which works similarly to Sky plus and ability to multitask. I.e. record one program and burn a dvd or watch something on dvd or from the hd at the same time. I bought mine a few months ago from www.richersounds.ie and I think they also have an ebay store too.

Advertisement