Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redirect messages on. For a reason?

Options
  • 15-08-2006 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

Is this done for a case of slowing server demand down slightly, as there is a slight delay between seeing the finalised message after you have submitted it?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I've been wondering the same thing. It's a tad annoying, but if there's a technical reason for it then fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sparky-s wrote:
    Is this done for a case of slowing server demand down slightly, as there is a slight delay between seeing the finalised message after you have submitted it?
    That was my guess.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Pink Bunny

Are you talking about getting this message when you post:
    Thank you for posting! You will now be taken to your post. If the administrator has selected to moderate all posts in this forum, you will be taken back to the forum and your post will be displayed presently.
    I've been getting that to, is that what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Yes, that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

The reason isn't good, so turned off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Is the find all messages by user turned off also?

The one accessed by clicking on the username

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Cloud wrote:
    The reason isn't good, so turned off.

I remember them coming on for me once, but it was after a few files got corrupted when I was updating.
    nipplenuts wrote:
    Is the find all messages by user turned off also?

The one accessed by clicking on the username

It has been changed to "Find all threads started by ________", as the new search has that ability.

See announcement on the top of all forums.

Advertisement