Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purgatory - Has a New Home - Starting Friday Sept 1st

Options
  • 15-08-2006 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

The Long Awaited Club Night has at last Arrived.....

Purgatory is for the real music lovers of cork.

It shal be playing the best in Rock,Metal,Grunge,Punk and Alternative....and anything else wacky under those genres

The Djs are open to music requests and we have some Sexy Dancers

The launch date is Friday September 1st at Cyprus Avenue,Caroline Street, just off oliver plunkett street,next to the old oak.

Admission is €7 or €6 with a flyer

Over 18's and I.D is required
    purgatorydevilyg9.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yaaaaaaaaaay!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Will they be playing Neil Young?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

ooooh yeah baaaaby!!!

(that translates to, good stuff chaps, ill see you there then)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Tree wrote:
    (that translates to, good stuff chaps, ill see you there then)

this translates to "I'm as frigid as a Zanussi" :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

washing machines ftw :)

i shall be comin straight from work!!1 wooo1!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Sounds cool, but eh, 'sexy dancers' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Tazzle wrote:
    Sounds cool, but eh, 'sexy dancers' ?

sexy chancers is what's really needed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

damien.m wrote:
    sexy chancers is what's really needed.

Or perhaps chancing sexx0rs?

(No, I dont know either, but it sounded funny)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

im all for the chancers :D the website is now uploaded so post the requests away www.purgatorycork.com

Im happy to inform people that the website is fully functional www.purgatorycork.com
    A gallery will be added too....we will be taking pictures of people at the opening night.
    We may also have some C.D's to give away on the Launch Night so stay tuned.

• Advertisement

next week folks!anyone have music requests?

Alice in Chains, Kerbdog, Ministry, early Nine Inch Nails, Strapping Young Lad, Mad Capsule Markets, Atari Teenage Riot.

Probably all on the list already, but just in case...

good list
    anyone else have requests?It launches this Friday:D

I'd just like to remind people that this is for people aged 18's +
    Dont forget to bring I.D. as you will be asked for it!!!

Tomorrow Night folks!!!!:D

Doors 11.30pm Tonight:D

The turnout was fantastic ,ill ask for more Bar staff!!!
    It went really well.I hope most people enjoyed themselves..and i hope to see ye all next week or soon.
    p.s do tell your mates about Purgatory!!

my voice is gone.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

I missed it :( I went to sleep at 6:30 just for a little bit. My alarm went off, and I made an executive decision that it wasnt gonna happen, now I regret that.

Hopefully next week though :)

next week will be better ;) a big hi to tree sorry i didnt get to chat i was up the walls

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Good to hear that it went well. I'm currently in Dublin for a few days, but I'll definitely try to get there in the next few weeks.

Good luck for the future. Cork really needs more venues like this.

The pics of the launch Night have been added to the gallery now
    www.purgatorycork.com

• Advertisement

\o/ brilliant night had by the boardsies who arrived, or at least noone was complaing about anything other than the wait at teh bar, even when adam kicked his pint all over me i had such a good time i didnt really mind

well done and i gots to fnd ppl to take me next week!!! i'll never show up to work on a saturday in a fit condition to work again!

the 2nd night kicks off 2mrw should great fun:D doors 11.30pm

the 2nd night kicks off 2mrw should great fun:D doors 11.30pm

Same fee as last week? Where are these flyers I keep hearing about?

Also can you post clear directions to where this is so folk like myself that just moved here a week ago can possibly find it? google maps doesnt like street names in cork for some reason :( At least from some major streets or whatever.

Hopefully I dont sleep through it this week, but I shouldnt, having a week to recover from the 30 hours of airport madness I went through to get here.

I found caroline, I think where I was having problems is that I was seeing cyprus avenue as a street not a place, and upon further reading it appears to be the place name. Which explains why I was having difficulty locating that intersection.

At any rate I will be there :)

do u know where the old oak bar is?its on oliver plunkett street.well the cyprus avenue is above the old oak.ill get a link to the map there http://www.cyprusavenue.ie/ theres a map on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The pics of the launch Night have been added to the gallery now

omg! - do I always look that pisssed? I was reasonably sober......could walk in a straightish line and everything.

Hah, there's one of me somewhere in which I look drunk and asleep and I thought I wasn't too bad that night. Ah well.

We going again tonight?

Fysh wrote:
    Hah, there's one of me somewhere in which I look drunk and asleep and I thought I wasn't too bad that night. Ah well.

We going again tonight?

I am planning on it :) blue hair and all (it was done before I moved and its fading anyway, maybe I will do red next time :)

ill go if ppl will come with me. i'm kinda broke and most of my ppl have the gall to leave the county/country and make me lonely on a friday night...

• Advertisement

it was a great night loads of ladies there!!:D

Advertisement