Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Martins of Inter is an aul fella...

• 15-08-2006 8:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Major LOL @ this story today

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006370538,00.html

The Sun in its infinite wisdom hasnt made ANY reference to the fact that this dude has took the piss for the last few years by claiming he was 21 when hes quite possibly older, no, that would make too much sense! They decided to focus on the fact that his valuation is now too high!

Is it just me or should this guy be nicked? If Inter think hes 21 then surely his passport says he is 21? Is there not a law broken somewhere there?!

Thats assuming its true of course, ahem ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

it is quite common for african players to not know their real age.many dont get registered til a few years after they are born.

they say the same about freddie adu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Banger.....

I heard the same kind of thing about Chris Bart Williams years ago, apparenlty he was about 38 and he was saying he was 29....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Inter bought a player who claimed to be one age. He also played under a false name. He was a brazilan lad. He said he changed his name and age to get a trial with some local club.

He got found out when he moved from some Italian team to Inter.

Cant think of his name. He didnt play much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They should just cut his leg off and count the rings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

kearnsr wrote:
    Cant think of his name. He didnt play much

This would be the great Eriberto. Wasn't a bad player but after he got busted being 3 years older than his claim he went back to Chievo and played under his real name Luciano. When he failed to get a club in Brazil he agreed with a neighbouring family to take the sons identity and moved to Italy. Forged passport and all that jazz and ended up with Chievo Verona where he did very well in midfield and earned a move to Inter. They however thought they were getting a promising 26 year old midfielder and instead ended up getting a 29 soon to be 30 year old.

He got found out and was sent back to Chievo before being banned for 2 years.

The martins one I wasn't expecting but I'm not surprised either. Questions also have been asked about Kanu's real age for quite some time.

Actually just looking on wikipedia there and yes i know anyone can put up content but check out his dob according to that site:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obafemi_Martins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Wasn't there similar rumours about Agahowa as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

And as we can all see Ole Gunnar Solskaer (sp) is only 12 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

it is quite common for african players to not know their real age.many dont get registered til a few years after they are born.

they say the same about freddie adu.

his mother has said they will do a bone test, where they take out bone marrow and can see exactly what age you are

no one took her up on it, so those rumours have died down

why cant people accept that black/african players are bigger physically, there always has to be something underhand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I heard about this on Newstalk last year, was wondering what had happened in the end. Guess it still hasn't been resolved one way or the other. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

No mention of Roger Milla... wasn't he supposed to (somehow) be even older than he was letting on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wasn't there similar rumours about Agahowa as well?
    Yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Didnt Kanu end up being in his 30's when Arsenal thought he was a nipper at 26 or something?

Nothing done about it tho :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    No mention of Roger Milla... wasn't he supposed to (somehow) be even older than he was letting on?

yep, he claimed to be 42 i think in italia 90, but everyone suspected he was much much older

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

No from what i remember Roger Milla claimed to be 38 in Italia 90 but was actually 42. LOL at Keyzer's Chris Bart Williams post though! Class. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He is 21, if you looked at him 4 years ago and a picture now you can tell he is now taller, more filled out and he is faster, all of that stops happening after you hit about 19-20, and the change over the four years is consistant with his official age.

Besides the medical staff at football clubs arent stupid, they would know if he was anymore than 2-3 years older than he claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Obvious leg extensions. He is 34.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Seaneh wrote:

Besides the medical staff at football clubs arent stupid, they would know if he was anymore than 2-3 years older than he claims.

Yean but would they let on? They are gona leave them selfs open to a lot of questions if they do and could possible lose out on a decent player.

Sell him to Newcastle for €15m and buy another center back I say

Advertisement