Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mcsa

Options
  • 15-08-2006 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of help on this, any info would be much appreciated.
    Im looking to do the MCSA course but i want to do it at night, in south dublin, anybody done this and know where i can?
    Cheers, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I dont really know any places in South Dublin, would some place in the City be too far?

You should also look into the new FAS scheme where you can qualify for 60% off MSCE/MCSA courses for small businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭donaghs

I just finished it (4 exams) after a year and a half of home study. Sick of studying now. Neither I nor my job wanted to fork out the money for proper training. I do know that New Horizons off Capel Street run courses during the day, in the evening, and on Saturday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭tck

I did study there before, nice setup but alas you ARE better off studing at home yourself, because well it's cheaper (unless you get the company to pay for it)

I think I still have the book somewhere that I got with the course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Im home studying these.

Have the books here and next exam is a few weeks off for me.

Companys paying exam fee if i pass them. (hasnt been a problem)

Also in the process, doing the upgrades however 292 / 296.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Cheers for the info everyone, think ill go down the home study route sounds like the most affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've been doing the self-study route too. Work's paying for each exam that I pass, so if I fail one it comes out of my pocket. Haven't failed yet though :)

1 more exam for MCSA (exchange, ugh), and 2 more for MCSE (already have 70-298 in the bag) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

has anyone sat the 70-291 meant to be the biggest pain of a exams ?

Yeah I did it. Found it easy, but eh... I have a degree in computer networking so i had a bit of an advantage there! I'm dreading the 70-284 (Exchange 2003) exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Which MCSA you doing Stephen?

070-291 is a bit sticky alright, so is 070-350 ISA Server 2004, If you get a good grounding on 290 then 291 is that little bit easier.

MC

• Advertisement

Windows 2003 MCSA, messaging path - hence the exchange exam coming up.

/drags up thread

Passed 70-284 on Monday, and now have my MCSA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

I passed the 70-284 this moring with 850 all smiles here not so bad at all well happy :)

Congrats :)

Advertisement