Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Female dentist in Waterford

• 15-08-2006 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Did a search on here and came up with Noreen Walsh but there is no mention of her name in here. Can anyone supply any other names of good female dentists in Waterford. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Squiggle wrote:
    Did a search on here and came up with Noreen Walsh but there is no mention of her name in here. Can anyone supply any other names of good female dentists in Waterford. Thanks.

First, no alas, I cannot.

But I have to say... that is a pretty weird request to make. Why a female dentist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Squiggle

merlante wrote:
    First, no alas, I cannot.

But I have to say... that is a pretty weird request to make. Why a female dentist?

Over the years I have found female dentists more empathetic than male dentists - thb I don't think it's a weird request at all.

Baby4 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Thanks, sorry to hear of your experience. If you can prove negligence there is legal recourse.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Squiggle; There is a dentist in Tramore (just beside the catholic church) and the owner is female. Herself and her husband are dentists and run that premises. Not to sure if you want to drag yourself out here tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

I go to a dentist in a small little lodge at the entrance to the Otterans grounds. Her name is Maura (will try find out her surname). Although I'm not sure if she treats adults.. I assume she does, I just always went there as a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Squiggle wrote:

I think her name is Noeleen Walsh. She's got her practice over Mulligans beside the cathederal. Supposed to be quite good but I've never used her. Look in the phone book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

tHERes a dentist O hara up in Ballybricken across from that shooting and fishing place , well in or around that area actually just beside Mulligans chemist up there along the street with the BOI ATM , theres both a mr and mrs O hara practiscing there so just specify that you want Mrs , heres their number 051 873904.

I go to Mr O Hara and hes grand , Ive never heard any complaints about her anyway so good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭helibelly

Noreen is my dentist and I think she's very good (first time I've had a filling without discomfort). The question is if she'll take you on her books as she's very busy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Aye, that seems to be the problem with many Dentists these days. I've been trying to find a dentist for weeks now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 herself

Hi
    my dentist is noeleen walsh situated over mulligans in barronstrand st. she takes new clients all time but wait is about 3 weeks unless an emergency in which case she has always proved excellent. her practise number is 051 856800. you should have no trouble.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    tHERes a dentist O hara up in Ballybricken across from that shooting and fishing place , well in or around that area actually just beside Mulligans chemist up there along the street with the BOI ATM , theres both a mr and mrs O hara practiscing there so just specify that you want Mrs , heres their number 051 873904.

I go to Mr O Hara and hes grand , Ive never heard any complaints about her anyway so good luck with it.

I've been to her and found her to be an excellent dentist. There is no BS small talk when you go in and she gets the job done. Some might find her a bit abrupt but it did'nt bother me.

Excellent, thanks for the names and numbers folks - will check each of them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

Just had a filling and cleaning from a female dentist in Ardkeen Stores really good and did not really feel a thing. ;););););););)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ammobear

On a similar, can anyone recommend a good optican in town?
    Preferably as cheap as poss:)

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

If you are talking about an eye test, I imagine most opticians charge a similar price though I could not be sure of that.
    If that is the case, then the only other factor is the price and selection of glasses available.

Ammobear wrote:
    On a similar, can anyone recommend a good optican in town?
    Preferably as cheap as poss:)

Thanks,

I've been going to Specsavers in the Square for years for glasses and contacts and never had a problem. There are regularly ads in the local papers for eye tests for €15 if you bring the add along. They also have regular special offers like free prescription sunglasses or a second pair from the same range free. Check out their website and if you can't find a pair of specs that you like you can always get your new prescription from them and have a look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ammobear

Squiggle wrote:
    I've been going to Specsavers in the Square for years for glasses and contacts and never had a problem. There are regularly ads in the local papers for eye tests for €15 if you bring the add along. They also have regular special offers like free prescription sunglasses or a second pair from the same range free. Check out their website and if you can't find a pair of specs that you like you can always get your new prescription from them and have a look elsewhere.

Thats great.I will keep a look out in the paper...or an eye out:D

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

The female dentist at Ardkeen is Aisling Bannon (I'm pretty sure that's her name), only been once but she seems very good, didn't rush, took time to explain stuff. Can't find her number at the mo but I think it's the same as the male dentist who works in the same surgery: 853111.

Advertisement