Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Sports centre

Options
  • 15-08-2006 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,
    Does anyone know what clubs/sports will be available in the new sports centre in Charlesland ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Individuals will be able to use the five-a-side football pitches, tennis courts, and basketball courts.

Wicklow Athletics ( a group of clubs including the Greystones Athletic Club) will be using the athletic track, although it will also be available to the general public.

Greystones Mariners Baseball Club will be using the baseball field, although it will also be available to the general public.

There is a separate grass football pitch at the top of the site - it will be available to any club or the general public.

There will also be a multi-purpose room in the site building, available to community groups for meetings, or things like yoga groups, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

[
    Wicklow Athletics ( a group of clubs including the Greystones Athletic Club) will be using the athletic track, although it will also be available to the general public.

Does anyone have contact details for the Greystones Athletics club?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Not sure if they are training right now but earlier in the summer they were training at the rugby club, I think it was on Thursday nights (possibly Tuesday as well). I'm sure they move over to the new athletic track when it opens in a couple of weeks.

PM me if you need a name/number - not sure if I should post on the Internet (I'm not a member but I know who the head coach is).

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

Hi - does anyone know when this is due to open? Looks pretty finished and my little guy is dying to use the new playground, which is still locked (cruel!).
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tomflynn

Details of Greystones Athletics club at website http://www.athleticswicklow.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement