Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bit Of the Battlefield Series

Options
  • 15-08-2006 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭

Since Patch 1.4 is been released soon and is prob the last patch before 2142

What has been the best point , map or mod for the whole BF series 1942-BF2

Have too say Loved Monte Cassino In Road Too Rome ....Def a hell on earth map best one of the whole lot in my oppinion

Best weapon had too be CAR-15 in Vietnam,Best vietnam map prob Hastings

DC is by far the best mod,maps Basrah Edge been one of the better ones for game play.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

There are just too many to mention. For sheer playability and mad out fun then BFV has to be the game of choice. Long distance kills on LZA or the mayhem of Reclaiming Hue still make me smile and should figure a lot in the upcoming tig lan 4 this weekend.

BF42 i hardly played, though I did play a lot of DC. For the 42/DC era then any decent game of CTF did if for me. The excitment when you got in and grabbed the flag, then the rush to get back out again. Mental fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Totally agree with the playability BFV ...might have been buggy , might have had a short shelf live but damn it was fun. IT is my over all favourite, much prefer it too BF2.

( ONE SOILDER CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN BFV :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

most memorable moment in the whole series for me was actually in BF2.

We were playing a clanbase OpenCup match on Shongua 8v8, mains had switched a couple of times and was a hell of a battle. Then over TS the immortal words "why am i getting a warning messages for blowing up their commander assets?...must be a bug"...and a certain nameless poster on these very boards totally destroyed everything in sight with C4 before he realised he was in our own base.

priceless moment and so funny...we still won the match tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

That was classic.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Kicking everyone's ass with Shotguns only on Hue. Most awesome.

Most of mine are all from great matches on BFV really. They were the days of good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Never played the others, only played BF2...

Sneaking into an enemy base, planting a chopper with C4 and watching 5 gimps get into it, letting it fly off and the then blowing it up was sweet...

Some great games playing it, some good laughs but on the whole not enough.
    Very frustrating game, what with asswipes playing it and general overpowering with vehicles...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

BFV, Operation Irving, Love that map. But if i had to choose from BF2 it would be Fushe Pass 64, Great map for flying, loads of collisions mid air and good ground battles too, just the right number of AA to prevent the the air units from pwnin every1! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

BFV definitely holds the most memories for me.

I forget the name of the map, but it was one released in a patch, the one with all the tunnels. Just sitting at the tunnel entrance as NVA, and plating bouncing bettys all over and watching the kills rack up as everyone tried storming the tunnels, absolute brilliance.

Operating Irving, flying across the water to the NVA hill in a huey, ride of the valkyries blasting, genius.

Reclaiming Hue, all the NVA rushing to the bidge to plant landmines so no us armour could get off, that **** was hilarious.

BF1942, berlin. Brilliant map, so small and cramped, but on a full server it was just classic, same goes for the omaha beach map.

BF2, tbh ive not many great memories of this game. Its fun but just, i dunno. Karkand is good i guess. Infantry clan matches are great in it, on sharqi, sittin on top of the construction site and mowing down everyone with the SAW,m good times :D

Still wont be buying 2142 tho, if EA want me as a beta tester this time they can fuggin pay me, i shouldve had compensation for all the ****e i went through with bf2 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

definitely Bfv ;) Just that first day i can remember jumping into the side of a slick ,the radio blasting out "war huh what is it good for?" while it flew feet above the glistening water to across empty patty fields with me blasting away at only grass with the mounted m60 ..tis was some feeling ,almost like logging into your favourite vietnam film every night.
    Favourite map id say Landing zone albany or Ho chi minh,those maps were pure hunting maps

I hope another game comes about soon that gives me a stiffy the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

why is there no music in BF2?

For me its quite hard...i only started BF2 a few nights ago, and already i have had some crackin games, and some pretty aweful ones, but i do love getting a demo charge onto a helicopter as it flies low over the ground.

And the squad system is a joy to behold, i've had some wonderful games, playing as a spec ops double team sneaking into enemy bases. Or best of all last night on Wake island working with these 3 scottish guys defending the island in tanks and i shoot a helicopter down with the tanks machine gun only to have it crash right on top of us and me screaming down the mic "MOVE GODDAMNIT!"

Battlefield Vietnam was shortlived with me. Loved every second i got to play, but with the crap i had to deal with in my old house in regards internet connection, i only got a few nights worth of gaming in...i didnt know it was still going strong, i wouldnt have gotten BF2 if i'd known. Some absolutly excellent battles in that game.

BF1942 i played to death, by the end of it i gave up taking it seriously and spent most of the game filling jeeps with explosives and ramming tanks at full speed.

My fav maps would be for BF2 i love attack on Kracken, FOR BFV i love the map where the south Vietnamese start on a island off the coast of a Vietcong controlled area. And for BF1942 Bocage or Market Garden where both sweet maps.

• Advertisement

just remember a mod for 1942 EOD (eve of destruction) the Ham burger hill on that was excellent ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Joeface wrote:
    just remember a mod for 1942 EOD (eve of destruction) the Ham burger hill on that was excellent ,

Yeah , that was the mod I used to play , had forgotten the name but really enjoyed it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frederico

I think the best for me was bf1942.. Forgotten Hope mod..

Some forgotten hope map..

Starting as Russians, so many of us in tanks and trucks and racing up the hill.. just hitting the top of the hill then getting ripped to shreds by german 88's, tigers, tiger 2's all waiting for us.. sweet mother russia suicide runs..

Or just plain rescuing guys under heavy fire in the chopper in Desert Combat or Battlefield Vietnam, basically taking off sideways, the rescued guy holding on for grim life while you pitched 80 degree forward, 3 inches off the ground, under a vietcong bridge.. aahh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Best bit of Bf for me .. the intro to 1942, with the classy music.
    best BF game BFV
    Best bit of BF2 the 1942 eque music on the AF expansion.
    Best bit of 2142 is that it hasent come out yet and long may it be delayed.

Oh and I forgot best mod. Well it was a toss up between DC and POE but i`ll go for DC, all versions except the last, I believe that version was called Battlefeild 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Best bit of 2142 is that it hasent come out yet and long may it be delayed.

Well said.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BF42 CTF was great fun.
    BF42, flying planes, running around, t'was the best game ever.

DC, DC_Final, etc, was great. There was a 24/7 Bridge CTF server that I used to visit alot, great times. One bridge, one river, 2 flags, and about 15 snipers each side. Mental craic:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    My fav maps would be for BF2 i love attack on Kracken

Rofl. "Karkand". A kraken is a mythical giant squid monster. Now that'd be an interesting BF2 map... "I NEED ARTILLERY SUPPORT OVER HERE SIR!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Zillah wrote:
    Rofl. "Karkand". A kraken is a mythical giant squid monster. Now that'd be an interesting BF2 map... "I NEED ARTILLERY SUPPORT OVER HERE SIR!"

*new character class, Captain Jack*

Basrah Edge: the first time I found the Tunnel too the boundary wall... pinned in by B*st*rd US forces ..spawned in the little room , Shell hits the wall I bounce back and like Alice fell down a hole..........FOUR MONTHS PLAYIN THAT MAP BEFORE I FOUND THAT. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

There was a short lived GTA mod for BFV that was lots of fun. Hovering steady in the little chopper while the sniper in the back popped guys on the ground.
    BFV was without a doubt the best game.
    Flying along in a Huey, very low and very fast, while "nowhere to run, nowhere to hide" blasted out.......brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

The long nights on the tig server when I82 or whatever the mod was called. That was great fun. DC_Final on the Bridge or Berlin with CTF was always insane fun too.

BF42, DC and BFV really were hell of a lot of fun to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

even tho only you could hear custom tracks in BFV, playing slayers 'war ensemble' while tearing sh!t up on quang tri is something ill always remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

DEN DEN DEN

kdjacf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

best thing about the whole BF series was DC :cool:

Advertisement