Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hiring A Truck & Driver

• 15-08-2006 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Does anyone know how i would go about renting a truck with a driver? Im in the middle of selling/buying a house but as usual, new house is not ready and i have to move from my current house.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭mcgrate

Yeah they do the whole job - packing up all the stuff etc.
    I guess im just looking for a man with a truck. Not necessarily a full moving company.
    :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

It's unlikely that the 'man with a truck' will go away while you load it, hence he arrives with a truck it gets loaded and he drives it away. While he's there you're in effect paying for his time so he may as well load it.

One other thing, you can drive quite a large lorry on a full B driving license. They can be rented to someone over 25 with a full license. Even if you don't drive yourself, maybe a friend or family member could.

http://www.vanrental.ie/rentals_l_2.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭mcgrate

wow thats brilliant!! Could be exactly what im looking for.
    I am indeed over 25 with a B Licence. Nice one thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

pH wrote:
    you can drive quite a large lorry on a full B driving license.

A category B licence only allows one to drive a vehicle up to a Gross Vehicle Weight of 3.5 tonnes hardly what could be called a "large lorry".

A category C1 licence allows a GVW up to 7.5 tonnes. After that a category C is required or CE if it's an articulated truck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement