Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Eircom blue box be used as a router?

• 15-08-2006 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭

Such a dumb question I know.. but you know that blue eircom broadband box.. can that be used as a router.. for just one extra computer?

I want to hook both our computers up to broadband without paying money for a router..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moved from Comp/Tech

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭SoldierForce

What is the model number of the modem!? I have been using a laptop and a desktop with the one box. One is connected with a USB cable and one with the Ethernet Cable. That is if you have the Netopia 3341.
    So far I have heard of 3 boxes from eircom. One is the 3341 for 2 PCs, 1 on USB and 1 on Ethernet, then there is another which can connect 4 Computers using Ethernet and the last one is the Wireless one which can connect 12 or more.

Edit: You can connect 2 PCs for broadband only! There is no way (On the Netopia 3341) you can create a network between the 2 PCs to share files etc...

Advertisement