Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

01 Leon 16v 1.4 problems

Options
  • 15-08-2006 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Basically I have a 01 Leon 1.4 16v, When I am driving basically from 30 - 60 mph it sounds every so often the car revs for a second but the rev counter doesnt move it only happens if I accelarate. Now there is no degredation of speed or anything of the sorts. I have had the car back to the garage 2 but they say there is nothing its just how the car is.

I don't believe them anyone have any Ideas I live in Dublin. Any one know of a garage who could check it. I think I have a month or 2 left on the warranty and if I could pin down the problem and get it fixed under warranty it would be great.

Just noticed also the thermostat on the engine has stopped working could this also cause the noise
    The thermostat stays at the lowest

Guys is it dangerous to drive the car at the moment the car is under warranty I think I would prefer a independent mechanic to take a lookk first would this cost much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

Didnt bring it to Sheehans in rathgar by any chance? I had to bring my car to Seat Ireland in Baldonnell after deaing with those guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

The temp needle not working sounds like temp sender switch. Bring it back to them, small job. Common problem on all VW, Audi, SEAT, Skodas of that vintage

Advertisement