Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paths To Freedom (Rats from the flats:))

• 15-08-2006 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Does ANYONE know where I can get this 6 part series? I had it on video but lent it to someone but never got it back... I have searched high and low and can't find it anywhere on the net to buy.

This has to be the in the top 5 funniest Irish programmes ever...

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

NoreenMF wrote:
    Does ANYONE know where I can get this 6 part series? I had it on video but lent it to someone but never got it back... I have searched high and low and can't find it anywhere on the net to buy.

Yeah I remember that. Savage show.

If you find it let me know.

I think it has just been repeated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

NoreenMF wrote:

Why am I thinking I either taped it on my high-8 deck *or* that the Rats episode was given away free about a year ago with one of those Sunday papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I got it in HMV a while ago, and have a feeling I've seen it in there recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

legendary series, definetly one of the funniest irish programmes made(under fr ted of course;)

ye i think i seen it in hmv a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Should be for sale in most good DVD retailers around Dublin.

Great programme - too bad Fergus' Wedding was ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I picked up a DVD copy in Xtravision about a year ago in one of their interminable sales.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Its on T.V now

R.T.E 2

Crap it was the last in the series and I only saw the last 5 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Cactus Col wrote:
    I got it in HMV a while ago, and have a feeling I've seen it in there recently
    There was at least one copy in HMV in Limerick when I was in there today so I doubt it's unobtainable in Dublin or wherever. I rather doubt the local retailer in Reading has it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Great programme - too bad Fergus' Wedding was ****e.

True. I though Paths to Freedom was excellent and I had high hope for Fregus' wedding, seeing as Michael McElhatton was in it again.

I was sadly mistaken however - pure sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 NoreenMF

Thanks for the suggestions lads but as I live in Reading in the UK now, there's not much chance of my popping down to the local shops to get a copy. Anybody fancy buying one and putting it up on Ebay for me to bid on?? :)

Shame no one has a digital copy of it! Guess I gotta keep searching...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

Can remember the two writers of Paths to Freedom - Rats and the sarcastic priest from Fr. Ted - on Late Late or something, doing a blurb for Fergus Wedding. If they were made of chocolate they would have eaten themselves. Paths to Freedom was good - tailed off toward the end - but some classic quotes in the first four episodes. Unfortunately didnt really know how to follow it up as evidenced from FWedding and Spin The Bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

if you contact the guys at grand pictures, the production company who made it, they should be able to help you out. here are their details

Grand Pictures

address: 44 Fontenoy Street, Dublin 7
    email: info@grandpictures.ie
    telephone: +353 1 860 2290
    fax: +353 1 860 2096

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 --paul--

I have a copy if anyone wants to buy it????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

sceptre wrote: »
    I rather doubt the local retailer in Reading has it though.

I would have thought they'd have gotten a stock in of all RTE related dvds in case Kevin Hunt or Doyle(oor shane long for that matter) fancied a new dvd . :D

I got it a couple of years back in Golden Discs

EDIT. just saw the date on the thread. Do you need a shovel for the big dig paul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

This is a 2 year old thread. Thread closed. Please do not drag up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement