Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Synth

• 15-08-2006 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

After some thought, I think this definitely belongs here, as its design leans towards dance-orientated production.
    I know its kind of old news at this stage - it was posted on musicthing and other portals about a month ago - but it seems that thomann have started stocking Novation's (British Synth Company responsible for the SuperNova) new budget/small form factor synth the Xio.

XioSynth.jpg

It looks very slick and its feature set is pretty damn impressive tbh;

It's an all-in-one synth, audio interface (with phantom power and mic preamp) and MIDI controller. It runs on 6 AA batteries, with 8 voice polyphony, 200 presets, USB, a semi-weighted keyboard and built in effects (delay/reverb etc). Each voice has 3 Oscillators (17 waveforms + Noise), 1 filter of varying types, 2 LFOs. It has a 32-step gate sequencer and can take OS updates and presets from the X-Station (I think). It basically destroys the microkorg in every category (including its nice price) and the presets are made by big name producers like Ferry Corsten.

I'm just wondering has anyone got their hands on one or is planning to buy it? I was saving up for an an1x but I'm reconsidering spending the money on this instead - I've no "portable" synth as of this moment, and I really like my Nova which shares the same VA Engine (ASM).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Here's a decent picture of the front from Novations site

http://www.novationmusic.com/product.asp?id=32&Type=1&bArchive=False

XioFrontLarge.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

looks interesting! any price details / sound files? was thinking of going for the korg micro, wasn't that impressed with it after listening to some of the demos.

Yeah there's a good few on the Novation website that I linked to. The presets aren't terribly impressive but, from what I've heard, it's a very capable synth. Listen to demos of the Nova/Supernova and the A/K/X-Station or even the Bass-Station to get an idea of how the Novation Virtual Analogue system (ASM) sounds. It would defnitely destroy the MicroKorg - most importantly in terms of polyphony (8 voice compared to 4 voice), the amount of hardware control, the fact it has a sequencer, the USB/MIDI interface, the full size keys and the far superior filters. It's also a lot cheaper than the MicroKorg @ e325.

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw6_artikel-196652.html

Another *incredibly* slick thing thats coming out shortly is the new Korg Kaoss Pad - the KP3.

Article:
    http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2006/08/kaoss-pad-3-now-official-and-sexy.html

kp3-real.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

i'm gonna be in the states next week. one place is selling them for $330, thats about €255.

• Advertisement
Advertisement