Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snag laetter

Options
  • 15-08-2006 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Just got my letter to snag for my 2 bed apt. just wondering how long will it take from now to get my keys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

just as soon as you are ready decks - once its ready to snag the ball is in your court. It depends on how much you want to get in. You can go ahead and close without the snag list being finished. The builders are on site so they will give you an undertaking to finish the snag anyway. They are very good at coming to my property to fix anything that goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

When we went for our first snag, the place was not really ready to be moved into. Most the walls needed a new coat of paint, and there were lots of little things that would have been a pain to work around while the builders came and went.

As Dubgirl said, they are putting the ball in your court now, but do not let that force you into moving in before you are happy. They have been good at coming back after signing, but I still wouldn't move in too quickly.

It's a few months now since we did our snag list, but I seem to remember them getting back to us about a week or two after submitting our first snag list, and then another week after the second list. There were still remaining items, but we were happy to close at that stage.

Personally, I wouldn't even bother snagging unless the utilities are all up and running, or you'll just have to go back a second time, and do a load more snagging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nearly There

Decks wrote:
    Just got my letter to snag for my 2 bed apt. just wondering how long will it take from now to get my keys?

Hi Decks - we did our snag mid-July, turns out they didn't start working on it until last week (suited us to a certain extent)...really it comes down to the amount of pressure you apply on them to get it done...once they start your first snag it's probably a couple of weeks before you would get back in to review it...it depends how fussy you are from that point.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 CD_GD

Hi, we did our snag just over a week ago and have been told that it has all been done and we could possibly close by Friday (2 weeks and a day after initial snaggin!) It depends on if everything has been done on the list but I get the feeling they are pretty quick at getting it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

eoin_s wrote:
    When we went for our first snag, the place was not really ready to be moved into. Most the walls needed a new coat of paint, and there were lots of little things that would have been a pain to work around while the builders came and went.

As Dubgirl said, they are putting the ball in your court now, but do not let that force you into moving in before you are happy. They have been good at coming back after signing, but I still wouldn't move in too quickly.

It's a few months now since we did our snag list, but I seem to remember them getting back to us about a week or two after submitting our first snag list, and then another week after the second list. There were still remaining items, but we were happy to close at that stage.

Personally, I wouldn't even bother snagging unless the utilities are all up and running, or you'll just have to go back a second time, and do a load more snagging.

Like Eoin S says...the unit should be ready to move into when you are called to do a snag list. It won't be. They are appallling. Refuse to do the sang or call in advance after talking to your solicitor and ask Durkan to guarantee that the unit in a "ready to move into state" and that you will be taking photographs. They leave it in as worse state as possible so you can't see the wood for the trees.

• Advertisement
Advertisement